Random fuel shut-off while driving.

Monday

Reaction score
But the grommet doesn’t explain the fuel pressure loss.
Grab your grease - I use dielectric - and put a gorgeous glob around the entire grommet to trunk and grommet to filler tube. Check your pressure... easiest way to check pressure loss...

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Almost sounds like there are some injectors not firing
Other words not spraying fuel
And just going back to return to tank

Not sure what is going on

OP
OP
Jason.Silus

Jason.Silus

Reaction score
Fml, turns out I'm just stupid. The leak was in the back of the car, as the supply hose had slipped off of the pump.

Not sure how I missed it. My only defense is it's very cold outside, and I was trying to find this as fast as possible.

Edit: Also making a small hole to the fuel pump was super easy. With some jury rigging and what I think are the terrible welds of somebody who did this before, it wasn't hard to pry a good hole out.

Last edited:

Monday

Reaction score
Fml, turns out I'm just stupid. The leak was in the back of the car, as the supply hose had slipped off of the pump.

Edit: Also making a small hole to the fuel pump was super easy. With some jury rigging and what I think are the terrible welds of somebody who did this before, it wasn't hard to pry a good hole out.
That's excellent!

======================
edit:

I was also going to add that I changed my vent valve and grommet there.

OP
OP
Jason.Silus

Jason.Silus

Reaction score
I came up positive, and been feeling under the weather lately, but today I felt pretty good, and figured I'd take a safe windows-up drive around town in the Mustang.

It ran honestly the best it has since before the problems started back in August of last year. Unfortunately, the hose slipped off the pump again, and even worse, I had no zipties or tape of any kind to keep it on there. So I plugged it back on, and kept driving back home, drying and resecuring it every time it came back off.

However, I still consider this a win. For once, the car has died and I know what the problem is, I'm excited to get started fixing it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online