Rather sticky situation with my car...

Addermk2

Reaction score
All the base idle resets that you have read are wrong.

Sent from my CyanMobileX Evo 4G

Mack

Reaction score
I don't know about the US, but over here it's like this:

Assuming you can prove the car was for sale, and you can prove you paid money for it: if the other party gives you the car but not the owner's papers, it's theft on his side. It's hard to prove but you can make a case with the police.

WhiteStallion94

Reaction score
First off all, everyone is getting way ahead of themselves here. What's the problem here besides this guy apparently having a beef with your dad for something whic (as far as I can tell) has nothing to do with the car?

Tell your dad to STFU and let the idiot run his mouth on Facebook if he wants. What's he going to do about it, unless he is one of those idiots that thinks assault is a good response to people who talk? If he wants to escalate it after the deal with the car is done...well, have at it I guess. Jesus, it's not that hard.

Get the car running, do the deal (which...as many others have stated...was ****ing retarded from the start) and go on your merry way.

IF you have reason to believe he's going to try to screw with you on the car...CT's eavesdropping statutes make it legal to record in person conversations with the other person's consent.

1997gtRioRed

Reaction score
just remember, in the Legal world, Its not what you KNOW, but what you can PROVE. sorry to sound like a dick here but you kinda ****ed yourself in the whole situation.

i do wish you the best of luck but i am curious, Why did it take $6,000 just to get it runnning?

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
just remember, in the Legal world, Its not what you KNOW, but what you can PROVE. sorry to sound like a dick here but you kinda ****ed yourself in the whole situation.

i do wish you the best of luck but i am curious, Why did it take $6,000 just to get it runnning?

In my defense I was 15 when I bought it and my dad handled the entire thing. I just saw the pictures and coughed up the money.

$6,000 includes the cost if the car, and everything I've put into it since then. Headlights, taillights, new seats, interior pieces (I was missing about 3/4 my interior), pillar covers, sail panels, wheels, chin spoiler, etc etc. In all honesty I could have spent $1000 ontop of what I bought the car for and had it running. throw some springs in, get a new fuel tank, fuel pump, sending unit, and hanger assembly, clean out my upper intake. Swap the PCV out, replace my intake with a CAI, replace coolant overflow tank, smog pulley, idler pulley. And then it would of started. But I tackled the car as a whole. Spending some time in the interior. Then exterior. Then engine, always mixing it up. There's also some parts in that $6k figure that I simply never used. And a lot of over paying for parts in the beginning too...

Crapatalkin' on the iPhone 5.0

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
And you have to remember, the last time this car was registered was in 2001. It was then in an accident, totaled by the insurance company, and sat until I bought it in 2011...

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Haha if you guys think 6k is bad, you don't want to know what's in mine...

And its still a v6
And there's no money into labor
And I won't ever get half of what i put into it

But it doesn't matter :)

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Haha if you guys think 6k is bad, you don't want to know what's in mine...

And its still a v6
And there's no money into labor
And I won't ever get half of what i put into it

But it doesn't matter :)

That smiley face is the reason why I put all that money into mine. Lol

joekd

Reaction score
Think what people are saying is that you are at that point now where you need to take a few steps away to seriously debate if it is worth continuing with this car and all the registration/title issues to come or simply remove every piece you put on it, dump it back on him and start over with another Mustang

Myself I would hesitate to put a single cent into it unless I was guaranteed to be holding the title in my hand very soon, if he is being a jerk now what happens if the car fails safety or emissions inspection? If he just going to blame you and say it's your problem?

WhiteStallion94

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for an explanation of why this issue has anything to do with the car. All I see here is a beef between this guy and your dad.

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for an explanation of why this issue has anything to do with the car. All I see here is a beef between this guy and your dad.
In the event I go to get the title from him and he pulls some shit and doesn't cough it up I wanted to know how ****ed I was.

TanTop94

Reaction score
Id say stop doing anything with the car until you get the title and what not in your hand. Don't have him take it anywhere for you and just handle towing it for inspection and all of that yourself. Get the paperwork for YOUR car.

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Id say stop doing anything with the car until you get the title and what not in your hand. Don't have him take it anywhere for you and just handle towing it for inspection and all of that yourself. Get the paperwork for YOUR car.

I have to atleast follow through with the springs and brakes to get it through inspection. But as far as any mods go like my radio bezel and what not, I'm still going to work on all that but it won't go into the car until I have the title.

TanTop94

Reaction score
I have to atleast follow through with the springs and brakes to get it through inspection. But as far as any mods go like my radio bezel and what not, I'm still going to work on all that but it won't go into the car until I have the title.

Wouldnt you want/need the title before you bring it through inspection? I probably missed this brought up before but that title as of right now should be your #1 priority.

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Wouldnt you want/need the title before you bring it through inspection? I probably missed this brought up before but that title as of right now should be your #1 priority.

I can't get the title until it passes emissions, safety inspection, and VIN check due to it's salvage/abandoned title. I'm not exactly sure what the title would say as it was totaled in 2001 and then like 5 years ago it was 'abandoned' or whatever, guy was working on it at this guys shop, ran out of money, left it there, and them the shop owner, who is Donald Christmas, took over the title after x amount of days.
I bought a Lincoln to use the motor out of during my fail of a Foxbody project and that car was abandoned but we bought it from a dealership that was stuck with it.

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
That's also why I never got it. It's not because I didn't ask for it, it's because I couldn't have it until the car passed those tests. The title couldn't change hands until the car was passed.

WhiteStallion94

Reaction score
That's also why I never got it. It's not because I didn't ask for it, it's because I couldn't have it until the car passed those tests. The title couldn't change hands until the car was passed.

If you have the bill of sale none of this matters.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online