Realistic approach to sell?

Thomas_W

Reaction score
Yeah it definitely depends on the situation you're in for sure. If I didn't get anywhere near what I'm initially thinking I would just hold on to it. I have way too much money into this thing and its way too clean to just sell it for a 1/2 ass offer. It's a tough decision to make no doubt

I will say this. Selling the car put me in a better place, but there hasnt been a single day since i sold that car that i didnt regret it. If i could go back. I would of gotten the car tuned and kept it.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The moment when you have to decide if you are turning left or right....

I know your car is mint and has the best of the best but people will always come back with, it's just a 2V SN95 when they are lowballing you!

One of the reasons I stopped building my 96 is the perceived value if I had to sell. It is worth more in parts. I do however really like the SN platform so that is why I am looking for a nice SN Saleen to swap my stuff over on, then sell my 96 as a one owner car for a few grand.

At least a Saleen has value and a nicely built one,even a 2V, is something that will always have value.

I was looking at a 50k mile 96 vert for sale the other day for $5k at a dealer and this was really clean. That told me all I needed to know about the value of our cars currently.

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Wow Mike, a tear comes to my eye but I understand your pain. The thought of a new mustang crossed my mind ever since the 15's dropped, but the only issue is that your going to be stuck with some kind of car payment and your going to want to mod the "piss" out of it. The only way out to this is part out the drive-train and put a friendlier setup in there or somehow have a new stang and keep the old stang as a bonafide racecar. Most people who part out perfectly good vehicles for something else instantly regret it. Also remember that a lot of s550 owners are battling to be unique now since there are a lot on the roads. The sn95 is not a common car on the road anymore so therefore it stands out even if its ragged out V6/GT.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
The moment when you have to decide if you are turning left or right....

I know your car is mint and has the best of the best but people will always come back with, it's just a 2V SN95 when they are lowballing you!

One of the reasons I stopped building my 96 is the perceived value if I had to sell. It is worth more in parts. I do however really like the SN platform so that is why I am looking for a nice SN Saleen to swap my stuff over on, then sell my 96 as a one owner car for a few grand.

At least a Saleen has value and a nicely built one,even a 2V, is something that will always have value.

I was looking at a 50k mile 96 vert for sale the other day for $5k at a dealer and this was really clean. That told me all I needed to know about the value of our cars currently.

Agreed. It truly is depressing. I think I'm about 80/20 right now, leaning towards starting fresh. I may try to sell it as a roller, than part out the engine and trans.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Wow Mike, a tear comes to my eye but I understand your pain. The thought of a new mustang crossed my mind ever since the 15's dropped, but the only issue is that your going to be stuck with some kind of car payment and your going to want to mod the "piss" out of it. The only way out to this is part out the drive-train and put a friendlier setup in there or somehow have a new stang and keep the old stang as a bonafide racecar. Most people who part out perfectly good vehicles for something else instantly regret it. Also remember that a lot of s550 owners are battling to be unique now since there are a lot on the roads. The sn95 is not a common car on the road anymore so therefore it stands out even if its ragged out V6/GT.

i know man. I've had this car for 10 years. Not an easy decision, but I'm ready for something new to enjoy. To be honest where I live I've never even seen a comp orange s550 yet. Still trying to finalize how I want to go about this, but thinking sell as roller and part out engine/trans

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Looking for advice on rough idea for how much I would be able to sell my roller for. I am probably going to pull engine/trans, and attempt to leave entire rest of car complete. So it will have entirely built 8.8 rearend, entire rear suspension, Glenns Performance black sumped tank with 2 walbro pumps, perfect interior with Corbeau seats/4 point cage, Weld wheels/tires, etc. Body has about 50k original miles on it. Would have no clue how much to ask for a roller like this

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Yea i have no idea man. Even the roller sounds pretty specialized where it will take the right buyer.

You and me both lol. I mean don't get me wrong, I'm not going to treat this thing like its a limited production rare car, but I really have no idea where to start

Thomas_W

Reaction score
You and me both lol. I mean don't get me wrong, I'm not going to treat this thing like its a limited production rare car, but I really have no idea where to start

You can always go down in price. Which Corbeau seats? If they are black A4's... :)

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
That would be the dream, but unfortunately you'll start seeing stuff up for sale shortly. It's been a good run. Spread the word if anybody you know is looking for a ridiculously clean roller

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
:sad5:

What are you asking for the roller and what is coming with it?

That's what is tough. In a perfect world, I will just pull the engine/trans...part that out and sell the entire roller as it sits. So it would literally be ready for someone to just drop their engine/trans in and be set. It may be hard finding someone with this exact need and for a car with this kind of work to it. So the "roller" would basically be the entire car, no engine/trans. I'm doing some research now to see if I can find anything comparable online. The car would come with entire built reared, fuel system, wheels/tires, entire interior, entire suspension, etc. Everything that's been on it except engine/trans. I don't know if this will be realistic however.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
hard to set a price when you don't really want to sell huh?:cry: I know this feeling....

Well yes, that most importantly. I go back and forth. It's more the fact that I am ready for a new car to truly enjoy and actually be able to take out every weekend if I wanted to. This car I just got a bit out of hand, and it ended up being more of a chore than enjoyable. I find myself already looking at Hellion's kit for the S550, so the cycle will never end haha

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If you are going to part it, you probably will be best to part the fuel system and suspension etc too. Do you have any of the stock parts to put back on and make a lower priced roller? As it sits you are going to have a 7-8k roller. That may work for someone looking to build a track car but for that price you can buy a clean SN Cobra that is complete and you know the lowballers will remind you of that.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
If you are going to part it, you probably will be best to part the fuel system and suspension etc too. Do you have any of the stock parts to put back on and make a lower priced roller? As it sits you are going to have a 7-8k roller. That may work for someone looking to build a track car but for that price you can buy a clean SN Cobra that is complete and you know the lowballers will remind you of that.

Unfortunately I sold off stock parts as I took them off. I know it would be higher priced, but it would be ready to rock and roll where someone would literally just have to drop an engine/trans in. I'm fine with it taking some time to sell, this type of car I know is going to have to find the right buyer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001