Rear Wheel studs

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Ok so I noticed from the different shops who have worked on the car and removed my rear wheels, 5-6 out of 10 studs are starting to strip. The lugs are tough to get on and off. So I'll be purchasing new studs. Question is, I'd like to go with ARP but I'm being told not to because they're longer than stock? I could honestly care less if the studs are longer. Heres the ARPs (link below), and I'm being told just get stock replacement ones? I'd rather buy the better and stronger set of studs, obviously being ARP. Anyone run these studs on the rear? Input please and dank ya
http://m.americanmuscle.com/arp-rear-wheel-studs-9404.html

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
They are longer to clear the different offset of drag wheels. Unless you run open ended lugs they might not fit on

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Your axles will have to come out to put them in.

Kidding right? Everyone who I've talked to says bang the old ones out, obviously remove the caliper and rotor. Put the stud thru, lug nut on and impact it on to seat it in. Nothing about pulling axles. Thats insane

RichV

Reaction score
You would have to pull the axles. I just looked at my spare rear end, no disks on it, but the brake backing plates would be in the way of installing those.

Go with a OE set from Ford. Make it easier.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
You would have to pull the axles. I just looked at my spare rear end, no disks on it, but the brake backing plates would be in the way of installing those.

That makes me feel nautious.. Just had gears done..

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Your axles will have to come out to put them in.

that too lol

You DONT have to pull the axles to the do the studs.. I did mine in my driveway no axle pulling needed.. just grind down a tiny bit of the back of the stud and they fit fine, and it doesn't effect them at all. Just need to grind them enough to clear the abs ring.

lutter94

Reaction score
pretty sure I replaced a stud once on the left rear without pulling an axle.....been awhile though

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
If any of you guys actually read his post ... He's talking about installing 3" wheel studs ... And no you can't just nut them and thread them on like factory ones you gotta press them in ... They are hardened steel you'll just wreck the stud and seize a lug nut on the stud . Personally I would do the upgrade you can pull ur axles in about 30-45 mins .

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
If any of you guys actually read his post ... He's talking about installing 3" wheel studs ... And no you can't just nut them and thread them on like factory ones you gotta press them in ... They are hardened steel you'll just wreck the stud and seize a lug nut on the stud . Personally I would do the upgrade you can pull ur axles in about 30-45 mins .

Alright. one last question. Since I don't run open ended lugs, I'll go with stock studs. Since I'll be buying stock studs, I can just push them in and impact them on correct? I'm not touching the axles myself. They were literally just out the other day when I had the new gears put in. Didn't even think about the studs since I haven't had the wheels off in months..

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Yeah stock studs just slip right in. I impact mine in, I'm sure that's not the "correct" way, but it works every time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online