ReplicaR's Time Trial Mustang build *Engine Rebuild*

codfod

Reaction score
Might be a little while. For reasons explained in the link below

[video=youtube;3V35jvY0u7I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V35jvY0u7I[/video]

Ahhh The Lonely Island. Understandable though, gotta do what you gotta doodoo :cool:

OP
OP
R

ReplicaR

Reaction score
A bit of an oops moment from last track event. While pulling the car out, I ran over a jack stand with my left rear wheel. As a result of that, I've got a bit of vibration now over 80 mph, and the cause looks to be a slightly bent axle shaft. Video below.

[video=youtube;Rp7WIeJ50v0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp7WIeJ50v0[/video]

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Oooops . Shit happens hopefully it's not anything major axle shafts are nice and easy to replace . May need some pointers and advice from you on my new project for taking turns

OP
OP
R

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm planning on Cobra rear brake upgrade while I'm there.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Dang that sucks! Side note, I love your "Is my shifter in neutral?" autism. Why do we all do that. I constantly wiggle side to side to make sure, knowing all it takes is maybe one shake lol!

OP
OP
R

ReplicaR

Reaction score
My mind was elsewhere. I just wanted to make sure that I'm not going to get out of the car with it's still in gear.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Lol you do it at the start up too! Believe me I am not making fun, because I know I do the same thing. Watch any exhaust video on this site, and for whatever reason, even if we know the car is in neutral, we still have to have shifter autism just to make sure lol!

Side note, almost finished up with the PHB, weld in sway bar, and TA :)

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am willing to bet that is one of those stupid things you will only do one time as you will spend years now checking for nothing under/around the car.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I think we all probably will as a result of this video. Complacency definitely gets all of us at some point

OP
OP
R

ReplicaR

Reaction score
So a bit of an update. After having the totally stock Koni Single Adjustables on the car, I decided to get the revavled, and upgraded for more spring rate. This is not a cheap services, and kind of a pain in the ass, because Koni can only be serviced by like 3 authorized locations in United States alone, and unlike Bilsteins, which can be revalved for 60 dollars a pop, Koni revalve starts at 155. Luckily for me, one of the locations is in SoCal, a place called Pro Parts USA, and they currently have a 20% off special on any Koni service, so I've decided to take advantage of this deal. Going to drop the shocks off on wednesday, should have them back in 2-3 weeks. In the mean time, the car has been converted to a new shockless and springless air ride.

2e1rt6d.jpg

2886qna.jpg

1238x2q.jpg

Here are shocks before they go into service. Can anyone spot something odd about them?

309nhqh.jpg

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm blind and mentally inept, so I don't want to guess and be wrong. Interested to see how you like the change. I didn't know Koni's were so much more expensive to revalve. I have Koni up front and Bilstein rear.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It would appear one of your fronts is not fully extending.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
In my defense, you said shocks, so I was only looking at the shocks, not the struts lol.

chris91

Reaction score
I'm lucky, Koni is like 30 minutes from me in Hebron, KY. I have four Yellow Struts that need rebuilt myself. Two of them are squirting fluid out the adjusters, the other two look like wolverine was trying to take the spring off and gouged the rod on them. Got em for free when I bought two good rear shocks. I also have another good set of Yellows too that will be going on the car soon. I was curious if I should have them rebuilt to stock specs or would it be even worth it for a street car to have them done with custom valving?

OP
OP
R

ReplicaR

Reaction score
The rebuild to stock or custom is totally your call. Stock Koni valving is pretty good, and can handle a lot of spring rate before you start going outside of what it can handle. According to MM, Koni SA front strut can handle up to 375 lbs of coilover spring rate, and rear is about 250 lbs of coilover rate. I'm running 450/300 currently, and it's a pretty good for a track car with no aero. Once I will get some aero devices, I will increase the rate another 75 lbs, hopefully that will be within the range.

ProPartsUSA is pretty close to me, I'm dropping the shocks off there on Wednesday morning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online