Restoring black plastic

heffe2001

Reaction score
I'm planning on painting those same bits on my car when we get the rest of it done. How hard are those pieces that go around the convertible top in the rear to get off? I assume a few screws and they come off?

Prep it and paint it... dont be fvcking around putting food on your car. jesus christ.

Duplicolor trim paint - $9 bucks a can. Come on step it up fellas

2011-07-03_13-28-22_830.jpg

It even works on items that are not plastic

WdMZauslz_IYHWFuB8M7G2gLUmQXBKRKkrNsoZ6yCio=w1215-h685-no

5litrarag

Reaction score
What is preparation process to respraying the faded the trim pieces around the car. This can keep me busy for the summer work I am going to do on it.
I just took them off, washed them really well with car wash liquid and water, then went over them again with a brush and simple green, rinsed them really well, let them dry completely, I think I had some surface prep cleaner that I used, then went over them with tack cloth. I did 3 light coats of the trim paint with about 5 min of dry time between coats.

I'm planning on painting those same bits on my car when we get the rest of it done. How hard are those pieces that go around the convertible top in the rear to get off? I assume a few screws and they come off?

Yeah they come off with screws on the big piece first, then roll down the 1/4 windows and you'll see there is a screw that fastens the curved pieces.

heffe2001

Reaction score
I figured it was pretty easy to remove those. It'll definitely look 100% better on mine when those are painted. Just wish they had replaced my well liner when they did my top last year, it looks REALLY bad..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online