Rio Red 98 GT Build

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
You and me both!

But you know....Them Gulf sotherner type folk dont get to enjoy their car in a way we northerner type folk do. You see, we get to gander at our car during long sprints of crap weather and dream about nice weather driving......they dont get to do that!!! They will never know that anticipation feeling like we do. Even tho its not an on demand positive feeling like walking out the door in t-shirt and shorts, hopping in the car for a nice drive during the cold months. Us northerners anticipation is more depressing and sad. Day dreamy type thing....like its never ever gonna happen again type thinking..........who am i kidding....i cant spin this in positive way.

YOU SOUTHERNERS SUCK!

OP
OP
lwarrior1016

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Not the best night, but not terrible. I’m still working on adjusting the shocks. But I took it out last night and made 4 passes. Didn’t change anything in the tune, didn’t even datalog.

Some take away notes, the gears didn’t seem to hurt the 60’. Best sixty before this was 1.68 and last night was a 1.71. It is trapping more mph now. 1/8 miles times are down.

But overall not bad. It’s close to my best ever time on 93 octane. Last time we were out, I was on e85. So next time I’ll go back on e85 and should pick up more. Nothing broke, thank God, and we had a good night. IMG_1171.jpegIMG_1174.jpegIMG_1175.jpegIMG_1178.jpeg

Snorky

Reaction score
We don’t get much rain we get snow it’s all gone and warming up now . It’s dessert like here cactus and stuff . Summers are unreal hot but we get a winger unfortunately.
That's so weird never thought of bc being like that

OP
OP
lwarrior1016

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Fuel pump was locking up, I had to beat the tank to get it to run again. So I got an aeromotive 340 pump to put in the stock hanger. That came in last night so I dropped the tank. IMG_1219.jpeg72904376137__9DB6CEC8-80FD-4990-A006-7704D086C4B7.jpeg

Only to find out the car was turning itself in to a bomb. The power terminal for the the pump, that goes through the hat, had melted. Almost to the point it was touching the hat. I’m only assuming the pump locking up was pulling too much current and got the connector real hot.

So now I’m ordering a fuel system. Probably going to get an On3 cobra tank and dual pump setup.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Superman3872

Members online

No members online now.