RJayLos 95 GT

OP
OP
R

RJayLo

Reaction score
So I did get the 3.73s installed but was told to let them develop a wear pattern before I go beating on them. For the most part I have, but of course, cant help to find out what you paid for, so Ive punched it a few times. Ive noticed that it is easier to kick the back end out and thoughout any gear, with some throttle the car does pull harder. The rpms have definatley jumped up and I find myself using 4th and 5th alot more. Honestly though, for the feel I wanted, I think I should have gone 4.10s but for the daily driving Im glad I didnt. Maybe Im just used to my SRT in that respect.....that car put you in your seat! :banana:

While at the shop I had them check the timing and bump it up. At idle we found it was set at 5 degrees! Pretty low so we bumped it up to 7 and took it out. Detonation. We put it back down to 5 and I said I would get some things taken care of to see if that fixes anything. With 150,000 miles on it, the wires, dist cap, and plugs probably need to be replaced. Also, I cleaned my MAF and intake air valve and those really helped my idle and stalling issues. Once I get those taken care of, Ill try it again.

94darkhorse

Legend
Reaction score
Looks a million times better. I can kinda tell that it has a goldish flake to it in the pic. you are using for your sig.

Branman

Reaction score
RJayLo said:
So I did get the 3.73s installed but was told to let them develop a wear pattern before I go beating on them.
Suppose to go 100 miles I believe.

Hellion94

Reaction score
RJayLo said:
So I did get the 3.73s installed but was told to let them develop a wear pattern before I go beating on them. For the most part I have, but of course, cant help to find out what you paid for, so Ive punched it a few times. Ive noticed that it is easier to kick the back end out and thoughout any gear, with some throttle the car does pull harder. The rpms have definatley jumped up and I find myself using 4th and 5th alot more. Honestly though, for the feel I wanted, I think I should have gone 4.10s but for the daily driving Im glad I didnt. Maybe Im just used to my SRT in that respect.....that car put you in your seat! :banana:

While at the shop I had them check the timing and bump it up. At idle we found it was set at 5 degrees! Pretty low so we bumped it up to 7 and took it out. Detonation. We put it back down to 5 and I said I would get some things taken care of to see if that fixes anything. With 150,000 miles on it, the wires, dist cap, and plugs probably need to be replaced. Also, I cleaned my MAF and intake air valve and those really helped my idle and stalling issues. Once I get those taken care of, Ill try it again.

What kind of gas were you running with that timing? 7 degrees advanced is REALLY low, as the 5.0L cars come from the factory with 10 degrees advance already in them.

If you run 91, you should have no issue running way more timing than that, and the car will feel WAY better. In my Yellow 5.0L car I ran 13 degrees, and in my old Fox I would run 15-17 degrees on premium without a problem.

Also, this was with the SPOUT connector out, right? It just sounds weird to me that it was so low. Hmm.

OP
OP
R

RJayLo

Reaction score
Hellion94 said:
What kind of gas were you running with that timing? 7 degrees advanced is REALLY low, as the 5.0L cars come from the factory with 10 degrees advance already in them.

If you run 91, you should have no issue running way more timing than that, and the car will feel WAY better. In my Yellow 5.0L car I ran 13 degrees, and in my old Fox I would run 15-17 degrees on premium without a problem.

Also, this was with the SPOUT connector out, right? It just sounds weird to me that it was so low. Hmm.

I agree that it is low. We checked it while it was at the Dyno Edge so Chris was the one adjusting it. Being that has that amount of miles on it, I told him I would get some maintenance issues done before we try it again. Bought cap and rotor, new wires, cleaned IAC and MAF, will buy new plugs, and a Tstat and then bring it back to see what can be done.

Hellion94

Reaction score
RJayLo said:
Hellion94 said:

I agree that it is low. We checked it while it was at the Dyno Edge so Chris was the one adjusting it. Being that has that amount of miles on it, I told him I would get some maintenance issues done before we try it again. Bought cap and rotor, new wires, cleaned IAC and MAF, will buy new plugs, and a Tstat and then bring it back to see what can be done.

Ahh, I gotcha. Nice.

I'm looking forward to the improvement. Are you gonna go to the next Elliot's BBQ? If so, we should make a side trip to take some pics.

OP
OP
R

RJayLo

Reaction score
As awesome as it was, my battery died last weekend so I replaced it with a red top Optima. No big deal except it was dark and raining :wall: lol. Eventually that would have had to been done anyway.

I did pick up an MSD cap and rotor set, FRPP wires, 180 Tstat, and new plugs which all went in today. Feels and sounds a little smoother and healthier now. Cant say it makes more power or anything but it feels good. The plugs that were in there were gapped at .080!!!! No wonder I was detonating.

MustangSHOOT015.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78