rw95gt gts build

rw95gt

Reaction score
I have had a few nice rides over the past few years. 3 fox body cars, a 04 Cobra, 2011 GT500 and a 2011 ISF. All have been a blast. The Gt500 ran low 10s with a little gas and a ported blower, the isf was a awesome ride for around town but I didn't like it being a automatic. The Shelby was a pig. Felt huge going down the road. It was a blast at the track but just not fun for around town. The fox mustangs where fun and all but sn95 has always been my favorite body style. I just love the lines. I had a 1995 gt in high school and for a few years after. It was a really fun car to toy with and drive. A year ago I ran across this 1995 GT for sale on craigslist. Went to look at it and made a deal. I noticed the missing fog lights, the non factory installed spoiler and a few other key things that told me it was a GTS. It was a turd... Ran like crap, clutch was toast and needed a tune up and some tlc badly. But the body was in decent shape and it had no rust underneath it. I got it for a killer deal. I drove the car home and it sat for 2 months. I had so much going on with my wife being pregnant that I just couldn't find the time to do anything with the car. Felt bad about it sitting so I sold it to my brother. He did a tune up and fixed a few minor things and drove it for 6 months. He decided to buy a 2013 5.0 so I bought the 95 back from him and got to work. The plan for the car was originally going to be a drag car but I have decided to build a really nice driver. I want to hop in it roll the windows down and enjoy a nice drive around town or to the cruise in. The first step in my build was getting it painted. It needed some body work and I also decided to change the color. I'm a painter at a body shop so I did all the work myself. Basically stripped the car down fixed all the dents and painted it all over. The car is at home now and has a new king cobra clutch, flywheel, tob, pilot bearing, carbon fiber driveshaft, dynomax cat back, bbk ceramic long tube headers, bbk off road x pipe, new windshield, new rear window moldings, new cowl panel, s281 spoiler, better used tail lamps, cobra headlights and side markers, deleted ac, smog and egr, also picked up 2 17x9, 17,10.5 machine finish Cobra wheels with svt center caps and wrapped them in new nitto 555 rubber. I have a bunch of parts sitting in my foyer I need to get on over the next few weeks. Upr rear suspension, 3.73 gears a few other goodies. Anyways here are a bunch of pictures of the body and paint work. I will stay on top of this thread until I finish the car. Hope everyone enjoys the pictures.

The day I picked it up.

h.p.

Body work, disassembly and paint!

primer

Sherwin base coat. Chrysler paint code: prj Inferno Red Crystal Pearl

Ready for paint!

Getting some color on.

Clear! Used PPG Glamor clear. This is the best stuff they make.

Un bagging and getting it out of the both for assembly.

Refinished tail lights.

Mount and balance. Love these wheels with the color choice I made.

I will post finally assembly pics soon. I need to get it out of the garage and put my spoiler on it. The car looks killer. I choose Inferno Red Crystal Pear because my first fox body was this color and it is simply beautiful. I went with a 2 tone color scheme to break up the red. I also ordered new emblems and need to get them on. Thanks for checking out my project. Its been fun working on this thing.

TanTop94

Reaction score
Wow...guess you know your way around some body work. Loving that color.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Wow, nicely done on that color choice! And that gloss black roof looks great. Are the A and C pillars black as well?

Can't wait to see more!

OP
OP
R

rw95gt

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I enjoy working on the car as much as I enjoy driving it. The car will be black from the door moldings up and it will have 18% tint. I will be pulling the 8.8 out this Saturday and installing 3.73 gears and cleaning up the rear end for paint. I'm going to paint the gas tank cover and straps also. I'm not sure on color yet though. Thinking flat black straps and dsg tank. Thoughts?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
R

rw95gt

Reaction score
une4y6e8.jpg

As you can see its reassembled. Kinda... I pulled the rear end this weekend. I only had a couple hours to work on it. I will be installing 3.73s and rebuilding the factory differential this coming weekend. The 8.8 will be cleaned up and painted also. If things go well I will start the install on my upr torque box reinforcement kit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Car looks great man! I like the black roof and tail lights that sets it off! Ready to see some more pics!

OP
OP
R

rw95gt

Reaction score
Finally a update! All I need to do to finish the exterior is get the windows tinted. I have all my suspension installed and the car rides and drives great. Out back I installed strange 10 ways, UPR pro street adjustable control arms. Eibach anti roll bar, 3.73s, GT500 differential cover, replaced a bad axle and installed new studs in both axles. Up front I installed KYB struts, UPR cc plates, Eibach anti roll bar and Sport line springs all the way around. I have a UPR bump steer kit but didn't install it yet. I also upgraded the brakes. Out back I replaced the rotors and pads. Up front I installed a set of 98 Cobra brakes I rebuilt and I replaced my brake booster, installed a Cobra master cylinder and replaced my black brake fluid with new DOT4 fluid. I took it out this weekend and it is so nice to finally enjoy it some. I still need a alignment but I am going to put a few miles on it so the suspension will settle first.

Pics:

Sorry it took so long on the update. I just don't get much free time to work on the car.

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
Please do post more! Car looks incredible! I was skeptical on the color choice at first but final product looks fantastic. Wish I was a painter.

OP
OP
R

rw95gt

Reaction score
FINALLY ANOTHER UPDATE!!

I have parts everywhere. Haha.

I made my decision on my plans for power. I was all over the place with different ideas. The 3 big items are the cam, heads and intake. I went with a Cobra intake for 2 reasons, looks beautiful, power band. I also picked my cam based on 2 things, power band and drivability. The heads I decided on was simply because they are bad ass! At first I thought they would be over kill and they might be slightly but they leave me room to grow in the future. I can't wait to see what it does on the dyno with a custom tune. With my current mods and supporting mods I think it will do well and be fun to drive. I want this car to be awesome around town. No bucking and idle issues and I want a nice power band that pulls to 6000rpms. Over the past few weeks I installed my 255lph fuel pump and I am currently finishing up my trunk mounted battery install. Once this is finished I will be welding in the upr sub frame connectors. I might put in my torque box reinforcements but I'm not sure yet. After that I need to address a small noise coming from the rear brakes. The engine will be coming out and the tear down will begin. I would love to have numbers and tune around December. We will see.

Ready to be installed:
1995 Cobra intake(lower being ported by tmoss)
bbk 70mm tb
bbk fuel rail regulator
24lb injectors
bbk mass air
bbk fuel pressure gauge
comp xe270hr-14 cam
trickflow 190 11r heads street port 56cc
scorpion 1.6 race roller rockers
pioneer sfi balancer
trickflow black valve covers
ford racing roller lifters
energy suspension engine mounts
upr subframe connectors
bbk strut tower brace
fluidyne radiator
ford racing standard volume oil pump
ford racing efi oil pump drive shaft
ford racing oil pump gasket
various felpro gaskets
trickflow mls head gaskets

I am going to get some good pictures of my car in the next few weeks to share with everyone. I'm also going to get pictures up of my trunk mount battery install this weekend.
Quick pick of my dinning room table.

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Awesome list man! Sounds like it's gonna be a fun build. You gonna do any cleaning up and repainting on the engine bay while you have that motor out?

stang415

Reaction score
Sexy 5.0 bro. It doesnt get much better than a clean sn95 IMO. Love the curves on it compared to the New edge body. The black roof looks great against the red and the 03/04 cobra wheels.:thumbsup:

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
looks good. Looking at the paint pics why did you do the jams in black or was that still the original color?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online