School me on Coil-Overs

shoesandsocks

Reaction score
I say dont by sleeves there an outdated system in my opinion. Get a full system with full adjustability i have nex coilovers on mine and i love them been three months and i have had no issues at all. And they were 820 shipped to my door for a full set

det_riot

Reaction score
I say dont by sleeves there an outdated system in my opinion. Get a full system with full adjustability i have nex coilovers on mine and i love them been three months and i have had no issues at all. And they were 820 shipped to my door for a full set

6 month old thread? I've got mm sleeves and I got no complaints.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

shoesandsocks

Reaction score
lol didnt realize how old it was but i never said they were bad i had sleeves on my car just said seems to be outdated i cant imagine how awesome it would be if MM designed a true coilover system but yeah thread is dead just love coilovers so i posted it lol

ReplicaR

Reaction score
What's the difference between "true" coilover and a MM sleeve?

MadStang

Reaction score
same shit different day. biggest difference is you have to put the mm kit together, there really is no performance improvement with a "true" coilover kit versus a sleeved coilover kit.

OP
OP
O

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
So he's saying a "true" coilover kit would have the spring perch already on the strut?

I've had a hell of a time installing mine. With as low as I want it even running some decent camber I think the spring is still going to impact the side of the strut tower when turning. sumabitch.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Oh I'm aware of what it is. I'm just dying to know how Nex coilovers are better than MM sleeves.

OP
OP
O

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Also a heads up from earlier in the thread in case anyone is interested:

They sell a different coilover kit for Bilstein struts and Tokico struts because the struts actually have different size housings and using the Tokico kit on a Bilstein strut would give excessive slack and cause noise while driving.

I've had the car out a couple times and I can say so far I'm rather impressed, the front feels tight with no noise to speak of so far.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
MM stuff is solid. I've got their Koni hardware, and everything fits nice and snug. They are rattle free for the most part, if you don't count all the road noise that they transfer into the car because everything is metal on metal.

I'm still waiting to hear how the Chinese coilovers are better than race proven stuff MM sells.

Slykin

Reaction score
Bringing back a relatively old thread here. I've been wanting to get coil-overs front and back for a while now, but after looking at MM's website, it sounds like that may not be an option? I can't find it once again now that i'm looking for it. But, I thought I saw somewhere where it said that if you don't have a torque arm you have to run very different spring rates(higher) and that you'd have to move up to a MM sport strut in the front. I don't want to do that. Is it possible tun run coil-overs on all stock suspension all the way around without any major issues? Eventually i'll get a torque arm and panhard bar etc, but I can't afford them right now. I do need new struts and springs though.. that's why i'm pretty close to buying full coil-overs right now.

OP
OP
O

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Why do you feel like you need to run rear coilovers? I don't have a torque arm or pan hard bar on my ride.

Slykin

Reaction score
Why do you feel like you need to run rear coilovers? I don't have a torque arm or pan hard bar on my ride.

Even though I just started a thread with that paragraph copied... i'll post here too lol.

I'm wanting to get the best stuff now instead of deciding to get it later and having to buy stuff twice. I know it's not near as much as an upgrade as the front coil-overs, but i'd still like to get the best I can now instead of going back later to change stuff.

OP
OP
O

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
You can but mm really only recommends rear coilovers for track application, they make a little noise at times but should be okay if you use a helper spring with them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markstang73

Members online

No members online now.