Shift lever advice needed

OP
OP
PinkieT

PinkieT

Reaction score
Uhm....i stated "on so many levels". Keep research the word.

Just shows how monkey hear, monkey repeat people are.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Practicing your obfuscation skills, I see...

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

TrickVert

Reaction score
The Steeda Tri-Ax shifter is perfect for me; however what's perfect for me may not be to your liking. This will be a personal choice.

OP
OP
PinkieT

PinkieT

Reaction score
Thanks. The Steeda or something like it is what I will probably end up with.

07GtS197

Reaction score
Do the steeda shifter have 3 bolt holes so it can be set high or low like the pro 5.0? Ive run both but I preferred the pro 5.0 due to it being less notchy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I have a couple extra Steeda Tri-Ax shift handles and I’ll send you one to try out. Like it? Keep it. Don’t like it? Keep it! Thoughts?

@07GtS197 - The steeda base does indeed have three holes in the lower lever.

upload_2019-7-25_7-19-58.jpeg

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I just like to give spare stuff away!! Think I may start a classified thread for giveaway items.

07GtS197

Reaction score
Free stuff?! Ill take it!!!

What handle is that, the sport shifter handle? Mine came with a tiny handle thats like half that size. Same thing with the tri ax in my 07 gt.

OP
OP
PinkieT

PinkieT

Reaction score
I just like to give spare stuff away!! Think I may start a classified thread for giveaway items.

If anybody wants stock springs and/or control arms off a 98 ragtop, come get them. If you want shipped, LMK.

OP
OP
PinkieT

PinkieT

Reaction score
Shout-out to white95. He shipped me a z-shaped Steeda shift lever in great shape to replace my stripped straight up and down Pro 5.0 lever for free! Thanks for your generosity to a fellow Mustang enthusiast, and thanks for your unpaid unsung underappreciated work as administrator of this website. :D

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Shout-out to white95. He shipped me a z-shaped Steeda shift lever in great shape to replace my stripped straight up and down Pro 5.0 lever for free! Thanks for your generosity to a fellow Mustang enthusiast, and thanks for your unpaid unsung underappreciated work as administrator of this website. :D

My pleasure, sir!

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
First of all, dont fill his head like that. His ego is already almost too much for the software to handle and I’m afraid much more and it might shut the forum down!!!

[emoji1787]

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Thats real cool of him and im amazed that you are able to express kind words.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

Are you saying that Pinkie is an ass and doesn’t know how to say anything nice?? [emoji52]

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
First of all, dont fill his head like that. His ego is already almost too much for the software to handle and I’m afraid much more and it might shut the forum down!!!

[emoji1787]

tenor.gif

:cool:

Are you saying that Pinkie is an ass and doesn’t know how to say anything nice?? [emoji52]

I can feel the love!

Overboost

Reaction score
I am glad to see you have found a suitable replacement for an ill fitting and uncomfortable shift lever. I now will not feel the least bit guilty about highjacking this thread.

I am having a similar situation, as my shift lever is not suiting me. I have the hurst levers as spoken of prior, and went to place one in the vehicle and to my utter surprise, my shifter had been replaced but not with a hurst or pro 5.0, I am not familiar with the setup and found ones like it on ebay for a whopping $27 so I am hoping the PO did not go the cheap route.
it has a $6000 supercharger setup so I am thinking he may have followed the trend with other parts.
but being the camber plates look a bit anemic, the shifter could be a fraud.
the spacing is not correct for the wider bolt spacing of the hurst, so I am either stuck with what I have or I will have to replace the shifter with a proper hurst or P5.0

hurst.jpg shifter 1.jpg shifter 2.jpg

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I am glad to see you have found a suitable replacement for an ill fitting and uncomfortable shift lever. I now will not feel the least bit guilty about highjacking this thread.

I am having a similar situation, as my shift lever is not suiting me. I have the hurst levers as spoken of prior, and went to place one in the vehicle and to my utter surprise, my shifter had been replaced but not with a hurst or pro 5.0, I am not familiar with the setup and found ones like it on ebay for a whopping $27 so I am hoping the PO did not go the cheap route.
it has a $6000 supercharger setup so I am thinking he may have followed the trend with other parts.
but being the camber plates look a bit anemic, the shifter could be a fraud.
the spacing is not correct for the wider bolt spacing of the hurst, so I am either stuck with what I have or I will have to replace the shifter with a proper hurst or P5.0

View attachment 1849 View attachment 1850 View attachment 1851

Ebay parts are, as you know, hit or miss with quality. You can always find used Pro 5.0 shifters [MGW, Hurst, etc] on Corral.net. Any of those used are worlds better than the chinese copies.

https://forums.corral.net/forums/dr...f-sn95-bell-pro-5-0-spec-clutch-flywheel.html

upload_2019-8-8_14-33-22.png

Overboost

Reaction score
I am not a current member on that sight, but he did leave contact info. I am not sure if my current unit is a chinese copy or a righteous steeda without pulling the boot. it seems solid and well built, but I want something I can freely swap handles depending on my current mood.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online