shock strut suggestions?

Overboost

Reaction score
I am looking to make the cobra ride a bit nicer, it is quite harsh at the moment.
I am looking at the strange adjustable units from LMR.
does anyone have any experience with these? is there a better alternitive for a lowered 98 convertible?
I like the lowered look but not the harsh ride.

what do you guys run and what are your opinions?

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
I have them on my 98. Easy too adjust but the softest setting is like there are not there lol the hardest setting wasn't very hard compared to my bilsteins.

OP
OP
Overboost

Overboost

Reaction score
I have them on my 98. Easy too adjust but the softest setting is like there are not there lol the hardest setting wasn't very hard compared to my bilsteins.
thank you for the reply,
I am not looking for super firm ride, but just something to make it have a good ride quality when I want and then also have the ability to go to the track and not blow the tires away due to firm KYB that is currently on it and the lowering springs.
so far these are my choice units.
from some digging I was getting that they have a tendency to make noise like clunking but is not from all sources.

Jakespeeds

Reaction score
I ran Koni yellows for a long time when the car spent most its time going to the track. When I decided to only drive it on the street they were way too harsh. I have been really happy with Koni orange all the way around. The fronts have been converted to coilovers with the softest spring offered. The rears have Steeda competition springs with Steeda weight jacker lowers. It rides very firm on the street but to me not bad. Handles very well and the oversteer snap understeer the car suffered when I first got it is gone.

Jake

01yellercobra

Reaction score
I am not sure, it was lowered before I bought it. but I am thinking a steeda set, not sure on exact rates.
Try to find some part numbers. Then you can also match the struts/shocks to the springs.

TrickVert

Reaction score
Try to find some part numbers. Then you can also match the struts/shocks to the springs.
This, but springs will determine the harshness of the ride more than shocks will affect it. You may find you want/need to change those out to meet your desires. That said, Eibach Pro-Kit springs and Tokico Illumina shocks at the mid-range setting transformed my '95 'vert. It actually rides *better* than it did with the stock components. Also, don't discount tire pressure. Moving from 35 PSI down to the recommended 32 PSI had a further positive effect on ride quality.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Tokico all around and Eiback springs
With upr rear adjustable upper 4 link regular quad shocks
Works perfectly fine on mine

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995