Shocks & Struts On A Lowered 95 Convertible

BillG

Reaction score
Ok folks have put on the new rubber on the car and while they were putting the new shoes i looked in to see what was going on in the springs and shocks. I have the Eibach Pro lowering kit under the car for sure. the shocks have no real markings on them and the one that does looks like it might be an old monroe sensa trac or something. The ride has improved with new rubber but just wondering what new shocks and struts might do for it. I have done the research here and other sights and I was wondering thoughts on the Eibach shocks and struts and a couple of others. Bilstein was top on the list from most research. It is a lowered car and I know it wont ride like my truck but looking for just a little more comfort in the ride. Not a lot just a little. Thanks for imput.

PinkieT

Reaction score
I have Vogtland lowering springs on my 98 ragtop and went with orange Koni STR.T shocks/struts. Happy so far.

TrickVert

Reaction score
I have the same Pro-Kit springs on my '95' very coupled with Tokico Illuminas, and couldn't be more pleased. It now actually rides better than stock.

Warhorse Racing

Reaction score
Ok folks have put on the new rubber on the car and while they were putting the new shoes i looked in to see what was going on in the springs and shocks. I have the Eibach Pro lowering kit under the car for sure. the shocks have no real markings on them and the one that does looks like it might be an old monroe sensa trac or something. The ride has improved with new rubber but just wondering what new shocks and struts might do for it. I have done the research here and other sights and I was wondering thoughts on the Eibach shocks and struts and a couple of others. Bilstein was top on the list from most research. It is a lowered car and I know it wont ride like my truck but looking for just a little more comfort in the ride. Not a lot just a little. Thanks for imput.

If you use adjustable shocks and struts, you'll be able to fine-tune the way the car feels. I use Tokico Illuminas and D-Specs on my autocross cars. They are no longer in production, but many people I know are using Koni Yellow adjustable shocks and struts. It takes less than 5 minutes to adjust them and they make a big difference in how the car handles and rides.

OP
OP
BillG

BillG

Reaction score
Loving the input guys and thanks. Keep it coming. It makes my choice easier

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online