shocks, struts, or what?

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
i have a bunch of creaking and squeaking in my rear end when i go over bumps or if i stand outside and push down on the rear end. i dont know anything about suspensions but im pretty sure something is worn out. What could it be? shocks, struts, bushings, like i said i am oblivious to anything suspension.

94twinscrew

Reaction score
My first guess would be worn/split bushings....LCA'S and quads....notorious for splitting.

2slo95fiveoh

Reaction score
shocks are in the front of your stang, struts are in the rear. (FYI) it sounds like it could be either your struts or your springs in the back. Have either of those been changed? if not then maybe it's time to throw some lowering springs and aftermarket shocks/struts on it to get rid of the 94-98 4X4 look.

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
2slo95fiveoh said:
shocks are in the front of your stang, struts are in the rear. (FYI) it sounds like it could be either your struts or your springs in the back. Have either of those been changed? if not then maybe it's time to throw some lowering springs and aftermarket shocks/struts on it to get rid of the 94-98 4X4 look.

i think its more the worn bushings like twinscrew said but its possible for the springs to be it

94twinscrew

Reaction score
2slo95fiveoh said:

FYI,shocks are in the rear,and struts are in the front ;)

OP
OP
P

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
eibach springs were put on it before i bought it. not sure about the shocks ever being replaced. not since i owned it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online