short runner info?

blksnake

<font color="pink">Senior Member</font>
Reaction score
im thinking of picking this intake up.

704768_10101224838884977_971741713_o.jpg

gonna have 4.30s, a 62mm throttle body, imrc delete, and a tune

i know different runner lengths are for different combinations..

he had a t trim on it

RonBurgandy

Reaction score
Longer runners are supposed to help with more torque. So idk plus im a pushrod guy lol.

Warning: To much awesome

greenscobie86

Reaction score
Talk to na svt on SVTP, he makes shortrunners for a living, the piece you posted looks like it will absolutely kill low end torque even with 4.30's. Unless the floor of the intake was raised a whole lot.

greenscobie86

Reaction score
He does thats true, but he does it properly, you can make your own intake and epoxy it too, would be better than buying the one you posted since it will murder your low end and make your car a dog if it doesnt have a blower on it. I thought about doing this also and then kinda decided to give up on it since it the cost was much > than power output gained. Best mod i did, 4.10's lol.

Mystic SVT

Reaction score
That Intake is worthless. It will totally kill your powerband, all of it even up to 7k rpm. There's no belled ends on those runners so no smooth entry to runners either. For an n/a car no more than 2" off the runners is suggested, mine has 1.5-1.75" removed from it with the belled ends welded back on and the inside of the runners cleaned up.

Mystic SVT

Reaction score
Even with a centri or turbo that intake would kill low end no matter what.

330CubeGt

Reaction score
I did mine and took 2" off each runner and I take mine to 7-7200 now on motor no problems. A intake like the one posted above is only anygood if your boosted :(

BigBore96

Reaction score
5 inches or so. Those short runners are terrible for everything. Even for boost you are better off with a stock or much longer runner. Thats the kind of crap MMR does and calls it an upgrade.

Mystic SVT

Reaction score
oh i c.

this one looks home-made... is this common?

There are a lot of guys running this type of intake which honestly cost literally nothing to make. Its such a terrible performing intake; runners are WAY TOO SHORT, no belled ends, intake floor is untouched (needs to be raised all the way to the top for runners that short), and this intake does not offer any sort of gains below 7500 rpm.

On a boosted B head car the stock length runners work best or maybe even a shortrunner with 1.5" removed with the belled ends welded back on.

Basically the intake the OP posted is nothing more than a cool looking paperweight.

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i like learning about 4v stuff..you guys teach me a lot and dont even know it cuz i just lurk in this section.....cool how much knowledge comes from a lot of you 4v guys tho

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
There are a lot of guys running this type of intake which honestly cost literally nothing to make. Its such a terrible performing intake; runners are WAY TOO SHORT, no belled ends, intake floor is untouched (needs to be raised all the way to the top for runners that short), and this intake does not offer any sort of gains below 7500 rpm.

On a boosted B head car the stock length runners work best or maybe even a shortrunner with 1.5" removed with the belled ends welded back on.

Basically the intake the OP posted is nothing more than a cool looking paperweight.

gotcha. whats your manifold like?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online