should i lower it? (title changed, pictures still applicable.)

OP
OP
S

silver 4.6

Re: hey guys, i need a few opinions on my new wheels.

bumping this thread instead of making a new one.

sneakypete_ftw!

Reaction score
lower it man, you won't regret it. my car is lowered about 1.75", with longtubes and i'm yet to bottom it out. with just an 1.5" drop your car will look soooo much better. i don't see why you'll have any issues as far as rubbing goes. my car has front coilovers with the upr front and rear drag suspension and springs on the rear and it's all good. now quit beating around the bush and do it!!!

5.0Stang

Reaction score
nice car but its sitting monster truck high put some eibach springs on it will look amazing

OP
OP
S

silver 4.6

im all for lowering it, but im worried about rubbing on hard launches/bumps.

i have sumitomos 315's and they fill the wheelwell up to the edge, has anyone had any kind of fender rub with eibachs?

sneakypete_ftw!

Reaction score
they're not 100% to the edge. take a ruler, put it flat against the sidewall of your tire, and check to see the distance you have between your sidewall and fender lip. i bet its a bit more than you think. your car isn't going to launch that damn hard dude lol. my car is lowered more than 1.5" like a stated and with 275's which is about the same height as a 315 i still have gap in the rear.

Dysfunction

Reaction score
The only way i could foresee rubbing would be on the lip of the fender, in that case you would need to roll your fenders. Which can be done yourself, or you can take it somewhere if you're uncomfortable doing it. You "could" bottom out on really hard bumps, but not launching. And the likely hood of bottoming out with only a 1.5inch'ish drop is rather small. I'm just speaking from experience. I've got Eibach Sportlines on my car, and my back is looooow. And i still don't bottom out unless my car is loaded with people, which doesn't happen ever.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I think the 03 in deep dish look a lil odd too, not a wheel I'd get in deep dish personally. I don't like how the front lug area doesn't match the rear, that would bother me.

Mustang Mark

Reaction score
when i had my 315s on they rubbed alot when i hit bumps (even though its the stock 4x4 ride height) but they were goodyear f1s which are noticably wider than sumitomos.

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
Lowering is need bad, would probably look better. I'm not sure what rear springs I'm getting yet(going with QA1 coilovers eventually) but I want a 1.5" in the front and about an inch in the rear, as you do to, I DD my car so roads are a concern. FYI, any car looks better lowered, forget who did this for me back in the day, but here is my car stock vs. shopped slammed, REALLY gives an agressive look...
Stock
IMG_0185.jpg

Photoshop "slam"

I do want my car lower, but after dropping a crap ton of money into actual performance parts, I'm a little broke right now, so I want to get window tint, black headlights THEN do my suspension :p.

OP
OP
S

silver 4.6

OnyxCobra said:
I think the 03 in deep dish look a lil odd too, not a wheel I'd get in deep dish personally. I don't like how the front lug area doesn't match the rear, that would bother me.

yeah bro i know what your saying, thats what bothers me...

my dads like "oooh it looks good thats just the way it is...."

but then i see everyone else's deep dish rims, and the bolt pattern is the same.

OP
OP
S

silver 4.6

Alright you guys, its official.

I'm trading out the deep dish rims on the back for non DD.

It'll set me back about 300, but its worth it, thanks for your help, and ill make a new thread comparing them.

Dysfunction

Reaction score
Rice_slayer said:
Lowering is need bad, would probably look better. I'm not sure what rear springs I'm getting yet(going with QA1 coilovers eventually) but I want a 1.5" in the front and about an inch in the rear, as you do to, I DD my car so roads are a concern. FYI, any car looks better lowered, forget who did this for me back in the day, but here is my car stock vs. shopped slammed, REALLY gives an agressive look...
Stock
IMG_0185.jpg

Photoshop "slam"

I do want my car lower, but after dropping a crap ton of money into actual performance parts, I'm a little broke right now, so I want to get window tint, black headlights THEN do my suspension :p.

Wow that slammed look... Amazing. You needa do that! lol Just make that pic ur sig.

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
lmao It won't be that slammed, It will be enough to not look like a 4x4 though, and those pictures are from last year, I ditched those tails and but yellow bezel/tinted lenses and the stickers are also off. I don't want a photoshop to be my sig, that would be such a lie lol.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
silver 4.6 said:
OnyxCobra said:

yeah bro i know what your saying, thats what bothers me...

my dads like "oooh it looks good thats just the way it is...."

but then i see everyone else's deep dish rims, and the bolt pattern is the same.

Yeah, it's just how the DD 03 Cobras are but Idk why. The non deepdish will look good, just get a nice wide wheel for the rear and it'll look great.

OP
OP
S

silver 4.6

planning on it, im just gonna order the non deep dish 10.5's for the rear.

cntchds

Reaction score
I'd suggest if you don't want to lower the car much, but still get some decent performance out of it, try to find some Mach 1 or Bullitt springs. They are OEM so they only lower the car .5-.75". It isn't much, but the handling is improved 10 fold. Good luck man. Looks pretty good to me.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
H&R race springs with Bilstein HD shocks and struts you will be very very happy with that setup!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online

No members online now.