SLORIDE,the never ending build

BLCKSTNG96

Reaction score
i never posted a build thread anywhere and ive had my car 11 yrs now and its gone thru a ton of changes so i figured id post stuff from throughout the years and then just continue on where it currently is now.

well this is the closest pic i can find to when i first got the car,it pretty much looked the same but had factory fender emblems,stock lights and chrome/mirror tint instead of 5%,that car was all stock when i got it and 4yrs old.
mycaroldschool.jpg

the next pic i could find was quite a few stages later but i seemed to have lost some pics over the yrs.here is when it was lowered with intrax springs offroad prochamber,mac catback tint,cobra lights,s281 wing,cobra rr hood and mach 1 wheels.thats right,been sporting my s281 wing and cobra rr hood since 2003 lol.
oldpicmycar.jpg

here is the car with ford original y2k wheels on it.it was pretty dirty in this pic as it was sitting quite a while with the stock motor blown up
oldpic.jpg

MYCARATISLAND.jpg

skipping ahead some more time i decided to paint that cars top half silver about 2005 and at this time it also had a 2002 pi motor in it with longtubes,same exhaust setup but shorty prochamber,minor bolt ons,racing seats which i soon changed out for factory 2002 leather.
SCUFFANDMASK.jpg

SCUFFBEFOREPAINT.jpg

PAINTINGPROCESS.jpg

PAINTING2.jpg

RIGHTAFTERPAINT.jpg

then i bought the fr500 wheels for it,still with stock hood here as i was fixing the cobra rr
OLDPIC3.jpg

then with the hood and nissan maxima HIDs
OLDSETUPFRONT.jpg

OLDPICPAINTEDHOODSTOCKBUMPER.jpg

at this point in time i drove the car for a while and again,another motor bites the dust,spun a rod bearing a drove it til the rod went thru the side of the block then the bigger overhaul began in 2007.theres lots that was done and lots spent up to this time i just am giving the quick overview of it all lol.

OP
OP
B

BLCKSTNG96

Reaction score
at this point i ditched the stock bumper for a stalker not pictured yet,ditched the old repaired hood for a brand new one and ditched the drivetrain,interior,suspension and pretty much everything on the car
myrtlebeachpics017.jpg

OP
OP
B

BLCKSTNG96

Reaction score
next was the teardown and buildup
myrtlebeachpics001.jpg

myrtlebeachpics002.jpg

myrtlebeachpics003.jpg

myrtlebeachpics006.jpg

the motor MMR stroker mod 950,fox lake stage 2 heads with additional work,titanium rtainers with crower springs,at this point a bbk upper with pi lower,canton 7qt pain,windage tray,mmr high voulme oil pump,vt stage 2 n/a cams,mac ceramic coated longtubes and so on
myrtlebeachpics057.jpg

windagetray.jpg

mymotorfreshbuildupsidedown.jpg

newmotorvalvecovershot.jpg

foxlakestage2heads.jpg

motorassembled.jpg

OP
OP
B

BLCKSTNG96

Reaction score
i also did the interior at this time with 2004 cobra seats and a brand new carpet,along the way i also modified the center console for the 98 cupholder.
mycarint.jpg

at this point in time when all was reassembled the car sat as pictured
newpicofcar.jpg

then the hood flew up on my before i could even have it painted
hooddamage.jpg

i then bought a new hood and painted the bumper,hood and mirror that was taken out by the hood as well as replace the windshield and this is the night i was leaving for mustang week
black.jpg

a picture someone took while i was at mustang week,i found online
mycaroverheadmyrtlespeedway.jpg

taken while in myrtle beach
sick-1.jpg

OP
OP
B

BLCKSTNG96

Reaction score
then while in myrtle beach 2 days before i was supposed to leave,i broke a valve spring and had to get the car towed all the way back to nj.i rented a tow dolly and uhaul truck and drove it all the way back.at this point i was fed up with the car so it sat for a full year before i decided to do any work to it.at this point i believe it is 2009 and i took the heads off the motor and pulled it back out of the car to have them sent to fox lake to have them fully checked out,turned out a had numerous leaking valves and my springs were shot,i had all the springs replaced and the heads had all new valves put in as well as a deck and valve job.
img1233731716882.jpg

img1234138542024.jpg

img1273125552260.jpg

while it was all apart i decided to sand and paint the engine bay,get maximum motorsport CC

OP
OP
B

BLCKSTNG96

Reaction score
While it was apart at this time i decided to sand and paint the engine bay,get maximum motorsports cc plates,bilstein front and rear shocks/struts,swap to mph kenne bell blower cams and degree the cams,swap to stainless steel pypes longtubes and some other things
img1236634503247.jpg

img1236634502749.jpg

img1242454473959.jpg

img1242454474395.jpg

img1243796637591.jpg

img1244747490352.jpg

img1244747491022.jpg

img1244747492475.jpg

img1244747492973.jpg

img1273125553685.jpg

img1267217013564.jpg

img1267217014554.jpg

OP
OP
B

BLCKSTNG96

Reaction score
now we are pretty much up to speed and the current project was the kenne bell install with the boost a pump,60lb injectors,custom made fuel rails,automter c2 electric fuel,oil and boost gauge and an aem wideband.still finishing up my custom cold air setup and my gauge wiring
IMAG0188-1.jpg

these were 97 cobra rails that i cut the mounting points off of as well as the crossover lines and made my own of each.
IMAG0193-1.jpg

IMAG0031-2.jpg

here is what the lower blower manifold looked like before i port matched/gasket matched it to to my heads.the head ports are the exact same size as the full opening on the gasket to give you an idea how much they are off.
IMAG0192-1.jpg

IMAG0153-1.jpg

IMAG0237.jpg

IMAG0257.jpg

i also drilled and tapped the intake for the cooling mod so the back 2 driver side cylinders do not have high temp stagnant coolant,it now runs back up to the crossover.

OP
OP
B

BLCKSTNG96

Reaction score
here is the video of the car running,i still have my fair share of work id like to get done to it before it gets tuned but since im now up to speed i will start taking more pics of each and everything i do.

red95r

Reaction score
Very nice. I'm surprised you just didn't DOHC it by now. This cooling mod, what is that? Does it just concern your new KB?

OP
OP
B

BLCKSTNG96

Reaction score
i hate DOHC motors compared to SOHC,my main issue is i can not stand how they sound at idle with the gargle,it just annoys me and id rather go 2valve and not jump on the 4v swap wagon.i always liked that ppl think its a 96 2v its super slow,so thats what i love about it lol.the thought of going 4v never even crossed my mind,ill always be 2valve. the cooling mod concerns any 4.6,more so DOHC but with a power adder anyone should look into it.the coolant has nowhere to go at the back of the driver head,it just sits there uncirculated and makes the 2 rear cylinders run hotter which in turn you have to pull more timing on them.what i did was drill and tap where the coolant port goes on the intake,ran a pipe up to a 90 fitting and ran a hose back to the front of the coolant crossover.ill try and get some pics of it when im back at my shop so you can see what i did.pretty simple thing to do.

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
can you show a picture of the area on the intake. i have the RR intake maifold and thought about doing this mod. i just dont see it in pictures.

OP
OP
B

BLCKSTNG96

Reaction score
thanks for all the kinda words,i appreciate it.i will post from now on with pics whenever i have them.

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
if you blend the injector boss more and remove the slope i think you could get some more flow. also at the opposite side of the injector where the runner flows into the the cylinder head changing the radius to a round lip would change airflow passing through.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Canaryonvskf’s

Members online