SLORIDE,the never ending build

OP
OP
B

BLCKSTNG96

Reaction score
the picture you show,is the one PRE port,i did exactly that bc the manifold is meant to work on a stock pi head but i have a stage 2 with additional port,i prob could have gone more but i cleaned it up to smooth the flow a lot better,the mismatch as you see from that pic is quite off and like running into a wall then moving over it.the pics after the port work didnt come out good and were too dark so unfortunately i dont have any to show.

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
making the intake runner smooth doesnt promote alot of atomization of fuel. kinda washes down the valve. i removed enough on the RR injector boss just to change the radius. unlike yours i had to because the cad design they used had sharp angled. if it works for yours then cool.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I enjoyed browsing the progress of your build.
You've definately had some ups and downs and frustrations.
I've had a number of my own on my build.

Great work on everything. that is going to fly with the KB forcing some air into that assembly.

maybe I missed it, but what is your compression?

OP
OP
B

BLCKSTNG96

Reaction score
Yeah when i say I smoothed it i don't mean the way your thinkin,I know u don't want it to be smooth as a babys butt,I went to school for high performance engines & chassis fabrication and did some pi heads there and a before and after on a flow bench back in 2003,ended up selling them for 800 dollars haha.anyway good looking out tho,appreciate it.

Thanks again guys,and glad you enjoy it,I wish I had more pics and time to tell the full of everything its been thru haha,quite a bit.once I get the kb done and a rear the car will be back to focusing on redoing the entire exterior,at this rate the paint is beat and it needs quite a bit of work from dents and dings.the compression is in the neighborhood of 8.5:1.originally I was supposed to get a 9.5-10:1 motor but mmr also screwdriver that up and completely changed the direction of my build,also why it originally had vr stsge 2 n/a cams in it,but later changed for the mph kb cams

boosted93

Reaction score
Damn this bad boy has went to hell and back haha! Big props for having the same car for so many years and good luck with the current build man.

Knuckles@Empire

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
WTF how has captain 2 cam sam not come over here and drooled on your car yet? were you at Duff? nice build, although i clearly dont share your sentiments on 4v engines it is always nice to see someone do things less done, which when i started my car back in 2004 people were barely touching the 4vs with the intro of the termi.

Knuckles

OP
OP
B

BLCKSTNG96

Reaction score
Thanks,sucks tho after everything is one the car the timing cover is nearly invisible lol and gets so dirty so fast.

Haha,yeah everyone has their preferance on stuff,I just started with a 2valve and really never had any thoughts of 4valve,don't get me wrong,its also great just like I said,I like being the guy that "just has the lil ol 2valve" especially when its in a 96gt,lets face it,its looked at as one of the slower mustangs produced and i like to prove ppl wro
ng and surprise them haha.I do think the exhaust note to my ears is diff too,i just can't get over the idle gargle.

OP
OP
B

BLCKSTNG96

Reaction score
here are the few pics that were asked for that i have of the cooling mod i did.its hard to see but the brass fittings are what i put in,i should have taken pics as i was drilling and tapping but you prob get the idea.dont mind all the wires and stuff in the engine bay,it wasnt done when i took these pics,actually still isnt haha.

IMAG0042.jpg

IMAG0041.jpg

IMAG0040-1.jpg

a shot of the gauges in the car wired up,autometer c2 with aem wideband.im going to swith the clock pod out for an a pillar speed of sound pod later but i already had this one so im using it for now.later i will change the cluster gauges too,ive had them since like 2001 and im over them.i want the blue face upr gauges but i hear they are discontinued.
IMAG0044.jpg

and here is a pic of the panel i made for inside my center console.
IMAG0046-1.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjac

Members online