sn 95 wings/spoiler/ducktail

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
in case anyone interested, experimenting with a couple of different designs. will post pics if interest is there. wing/spoiler/ducktail will be out of abs plastic with aluminum mounting brackets to the factory holes. this may take awhile as my aluminum fab guy is really good, but sometimes busy to takes him abit to get something finished.

Tight_Budget

Reaction score
I'm also very interested, once done would you mind also posting the cost of the whole job?

OP
OP
SnakeBit!

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
one is partially done in cardboard now. will have to get with my fab guy and see what he thinks about the brackets.

one will be this shape but but fasten to the lid like an s281 wing does

OP
OP
SnakeBit!

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
the other will be be more like this, but again, fasten to the existing holes. both will be with brackets to mount the wing to the trunk with the brackets being as unobtrusive as possible.

980975_489543751153543_1286305241_o.jpg

OP
OP
SnakeBit!

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
no idea on the pricing since until I meet with the fab guy, he makes one that will work, then will check with the plastics guy and see how much for that for each one. so right now, just checking on this for myself and a friend who wants one and then will see about the interest and how many people might want one of them. my fab guy made shaker extensions for me for the mach 1 shaker, which I had on my 01 Bullitt, the Frankenstang. I sold about 25 of those when we made them. the fit was great. his work is great. got to be too much trouble for me for the price that people would pay for it as I prepped and painted them all to match the shaker which required three different paints to achieve the correct match. those we made three different sizes. I did the same thing with shaker extensions, i.e., made what I wanted and for my friend with a Mach...he still has his car and the extension on it. then I put it up to see the interest in how many.

I have the first one fabbed up in cardboard and have already called my fab guy and am waiting to see when he could meet me. he works all the time, I mean all the time.

OP
OP
SnakeBit!

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
I am also going to see if the bolt pattern for a new edge is the same. I think it is, in which case, they could be used on bot the sn95 and new edge.

BigBore96

Reaction score
Bolt pattern is the same iirc but the trunk/body lines are different so I doubt it would just swap and look normal

Also. Definitely interested in this

OP
OP
SnakeBit!

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
maybe not, but trying to make something a bit more universal in nature. we shall see. my son has a new edge so can try on my car and his and see.

98snakehorse

Reaction score
I really like the angle of the s281 wing. Wish there was a design that stuck out a little more though. The ones that stick more straight up give it more of a nascar look imho.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
I want a giant bat wing on the back, hanging over the sides like a pikes peak car or grandprix car....

OP
OP
SnakeBit!

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
I really like the angle of the s281 wing. Wish there was a design that stuck out a little more though. The ones that stick more straight up give it more of a nascar look imho.

as do I , but would like a bit more and maybe even a different look, like the yellow car. that's why I am doing two to see what I like and then what others might like. also thinking a bit more angle up than the s281 wing, not straight up like a nascar-ish but more than the s281.

might even see what my fab guy says about hinging the bracket so the angle could be adjusted.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The problem with most spoilers like that on our cars is that that our ass’s are so phat and most only make it as wide as the deck lid. It’s too narrow.

It needs to feed off the width and curve from the deck lid to the quarter a lil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
SnakeBit!

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
The problem with most spoilers like that on our cars is that that our ass’s are so phat and most only make it as wide as the deck lid. It’s too narrow.

It needs to feed off the width and curve from the deck lid to the quarter a lil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly, why these will feed off the back line of the fender rather than the lid.

OP
OP
SnakeBit!

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
just finished cutting out the second wing which is the one like the yellow car, but wider. meeting with the fab guy in an hour and get his ideas. ideally, I would like the bracket to have studs that feed down thru the existing lid holes and then be tapped for the rear section where the wing mounts. I know he can do that, but it may affect the design and certainly the price. so we shall see.

OP
OP
SnakeBit!

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
in addition, the other design flaws, in my opinion of course. is that when they make brackets, the wing sits on the bracket in such a way that it raises it significantly off of the deck lid. I plan to notch the bottom of the wing where the wing hits the bracket so that it is just off the trunk lid. being plastic, anyone could easily oval shape the mounting hole to adjust it down even more if they want it to touch. I don't want mine to touch, but barely not touch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online