sn 95 wings/spoiler/ducktail

OP
OP
SnakeBit!

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
met with fab guy. he had some ideas on the best way to do the brackets. said it would take him at least a week to come up with something, but at least it is started.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You could always send the final product to Thomas to have him replicate it in fiber too. He could make the mold then send it back to you.

Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
SnakeBit!

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
thanks, I don't know who that is. if carbon fiber, I am sure that will up the price quite a bit. a thought though for sure!!!

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
thanks, I don't know who that is. if carbon fiber, I am sure that will up the price quite a bit. a thought though for sure!!!

He’s on this site. He’s very reasonable on price actually and his quality is top notch!!!

thomas is knee deep in making a mold his own duck tail cf spoiler

Yeah but it never hurts to ask if this design comes out well. He could offer options then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
SnakeBit!

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
^^^true. thanks!!!! right now, just waiting for the prototype bracket so I can see how things fit and what mods to do to make it work properly. weird today, riding around wingless....had to get back home and get my 281 wing back on until time to test fit stuff!!!!

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
MVI_0940D.mp4
Here is mine, 6" tall and 4' wide out of 1/4" aluminum, and it WORKS great, big .. No air buffeting with the windows down and starts working around 40ish and just gets better the faster I go.
IMG_1185-D.jpg

IMG_1178-D.jpg

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, and I formed the bottom one to the shape of the deck and made a thick soft gasket to keep out the rain and used the stock holes in the deck for the new one.

OP
OP
SnakeBit!

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
good deal!!! I plan on making a rubber gasket to go under the bracket for the same reason.

OP
OP
SnakeBit!

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
spoke to the fab guy today and looks like my original design for the brackets will take him too long to fabricate and thus too expensive to make at this point. it will be a lot of work for him at his home shop since he is a fab guy but his job is fabricating stuff at his work, he does not custom fabricate things for sale or for the public. back to the drawing board for something a bit simpler to make.

OP
OP
SnakeBit!

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
new template delivered to fab guy today. hopefully, will have the beginning of the bracket within the next week to tweak.

OP
OP
SnakeBit!

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
I appreciate the offer, but this guy is a friend of mine and has made a lot of stuff for me and some other friends. he is really good but busy.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Yeah...i know how that friend thing goes....sit and wait. Thats what my friends are doing now....lol. They waiting on me! For real tho, keep me in mind

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
there is a cnc router on craigslist that has been calling my name for a couple of weeks that would work for stuff like this...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online