sn 95 wings/spoiler/ducktail

OP
OP
SnakeBit!

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
got the beginning of the brackets today. need to narrow down exactly where on the brackets i want the studs for mounting to be which will determine how far back the wing sits. also, he made the mounting area for the wing a bit longer to allow me to dictate how far up the wing it goes to attach the wing.so right now, just messing with it to make a final decision on those as well as the overall size and shape of the wing. have two different ones, one that is straight across kind of like OLS h2; wing, but reachs out further on the side to follow the line of the car. more. due to the way my brackets are, the wing will not be flush with the very rear of the trunk lid. right now, the height of the one wing that is straight across on the top is too high since when I sit in the car, all I can see is the roof of my son's car when it is parked behind mine, so have to shorten it up some on the height. it is also just slightly too long on the sides, so need to bring it in just a bit.

OP
OP
SnakeBit!

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
Do we get to see pictures of it?

yes, I just want to wait until I am abit further along prior to posting so it can be seen better. right now the brackets are way too long and everything is taped to the trunk and the wings to the brackets so it is harder to see what it will be. the fab guy had my second wing so I picked it up today and will begin to see how I am going to modify it. I got some of the mods done to the first wing yesterday. I have two pieces to add to the cardboard and that I think will be ready to be cut in the plastic. the second one, now that I see it again, will need more done to it. I am not sure which I will go with yet.

I am going to call wing 1, the g40 style one (on page 1 of this thread the yellow car) which is basically straight across on the top. wing 2 I will call the one that has the cutout in the center (the white car on page 1 of this thread). that one has has more shapes to it than wing 1.

OP
OP
SnakeBit!

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
It's gonna work, you'll be surprised how well.

thank you. I am just trying to make something that aesthetically is nice as well as functional, at least as much as possible given the shape of the car, etc.

OP
OP
SnakeBit!

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
second rendition of wing 2 made up and it is closer. still had to do some mods to it and will have to produce a third one and hopefully, as they say., the charm one.

OP
OP
SnakeBit!

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
taking the brackets back for some minor mods. hopefully those will be done soon.

OP
OP
SnakeBit!

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
fab guy has the metal brackets for the final touches.

bracket will have studs to extend down into the trunk for mounting there and will be tapped for the wing to be attached on the upright of the bracket.

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
any updates? I've been needing a new spoiler since I sold mine.

OP
OP
SnakeBit!

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
still waiting on the brackets. I haven't heard from him for awhile. he stays really busy and I told him to do mine when he had the chance. I may text him this week and just check in.

OP
OP
SnakeBit!

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
as I figured, he's been really busy and I know he has has some issues with his Dad's health. He said he hadn't forgotten me and will get to it. I had told him in the beginning it was no rush of any kind. will update this, when I get them, for sure.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
........still waiting to see a pic of the actual product............

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
as much as I like to be the nice guy and say "No rush, take your time" I have learned the hard way that it is basically the kiss of death in many situations.

OP
OP
SnakeBit!

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
I know what you mean. I know he will do it, just a matter of time though.

colecanizales99

Reaction score
Where did you get the rear diffuser I’ve been looking for one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
SnakeBit!

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
by the way, when I do get the brackets, if I didn't say so earlier, the mounting studs will fit the factory hole locations. one of the main things I wanted to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online