SN95 LED Gauge Cluster

Mungoo

Reaction score
Designing a simple circuit that lights up a typical LED is not very hard. To light it up you need to pass about 20 mA of DC current through the LED. from either a battery or some other DC source that is higher than the LED's voltage is needed. For instance, if the LED voltage is rated at 2.1V then a 5 V supply would do nicely. A resistor is connected in series with the LED to limit the current to about 20 mA. The value of this resistor can be calculated by subtracting the LED voltage from theand then dividing this result by 0.020. The closest to the result can then be used. Make sure the polarity of the LED is correct and when you connect it all the LED should shine brightly. If you want it dimmer then use a higher resistance for the resistor because that will reduce the current through the LED.

Cpotts13

Reaction score
I know this is probably beating a dead horse, but what size bulbs are required for the cluster on a 2000 gt? What color is the film? and what would the differnt bulb colors combined with the film, would produce what colors? Thanks in advance..

det_riot

Reaction score
I know this is probably beating a dead horse, but what size bulbs are required for the cluster on a 2000 gt? What color is the film? and what would the differnt bulb colors combined with the film, would produce what colors? Thanks in advance..

194/168 t10 leds. I believe a new edge gt has green film so if you want something different you have to take apart the cluster and sand the film off like what ferocious did

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Cpotts13

Reaction score
Im getting conflcting answers! Ive heard #74 size bulbs is what i need, ive also heard its the 194/168, idk wich!!I know the sn95 used the latter bulbs.. Anyone that has actually done the swap??

det_riot

Reaction score
Im getting conflcting answers! Ive heard #74 size bulbs is what i need, ive also heard its the 194/168, idk wich!!I know the sn95 used the latter bulbs.. Anyone that has actually done the swap??

Take out your cluster, measure the base of your bulb. Look up what the bulbs are dimensioned online

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I posted what you need in here. I can't find the post. It should only be a few pages in though. Posted everything the New Edges need.

Bill94vert

Reaction score
where else can I buy the leds bulbs online... the Op link won't allow me to buy em. And yes I did a google search

det_riot

Reaction score
leds?
6987886160_e3741d1cf6_b.jpg

Me007gold

Reaction score
Glad to see this is so easy. I love the twist in blubs, my current ride everything had to be soldered, it was a PIA. This will be the 1st mod when I pick up my car.

Bub

Reaction score
just did mine, i've noticed that 0-55 seems to be a lil brighter almost a cyan and the rest is a blue, don't know if it's my bulbs or if this is how it is supposed to look can't really tell by the pics though. nice write up very helpful

2012-06-04185632.jpg

2012-06-04205152.jpg

det_riot

Reaction score
just did mine, i've noticed that 0-55 seems to be a lil brighter almost a cyan and the rest is a blue, don't know if it's my bulbs or if this is how it is supposed to look can't really tell by the pics though. nice write up very helpful

That's because there is a bulb RIGHT there. so you're getting full power from the bulb.

Bub

Reaction score
if you ran SMD's you wouldn't notice such a bright spot in the select areas. ;)

Looking good none the less.

they are smds, they are 270 degree viewing, i believe four on each side i picked em up at a swap meet for like $3 a bulb

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srchop16

Members online

No members online now.