SN95 LED Gauge Cluster

5ptSlow

Reaction score
Oh, and also, here's where I got mine:http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00755JMYS/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

5 in the cluster, 2 in the AC Controls, 2 in the license plate housings, and one for the trunk. I also believe that you can use one for your hood light, but I haven't tested that one yet.

They're 194/168 LED Bulbs. You can find them in different colors also. The only thing you have to worry about is the film on your gauges 94-00 is blue tinted, 01-04 are green tinted. That's why our "blue" tint shows up green, because of the incandescent bulbs. Took me all of 30 minutes to do. Couldn't be happier.

CCobraW

Reaction score
Anybody have guesses why the tach would be dim in the upper right corner around 5-6k?

lutter94

Reaction score
Is there a bulb behind it? When you use LED's, they don't get perfect coverage across the panel, leaving hot and cold spots....

5ptSlow

Reaction score
Is there a bulb behind it? When you use LED's, they don't get perfect coverage across the panel, leaving hot and cold spots....
mine don't leave any spots. I got the ones I posted earlier from amazon. Maybe some of them that are different will have spots, but when I had a "dim spot", it was because it wasnt in right.

CCobraW

Reaction score
I flip the bulbs back and forth a couple times. I'm not sure if the bulbs don't have enough spread or if something just ain't right with the actual cluster, the rest of the gauges look awesome.

Nightmare

Reaction score
Well I tried this today.....for my 30 bucks I got........................................................

Brighter green dash lights. I guess Ford used the green film on at least the 2004 gt......FML

Nightmare

Reaction score
Yeah, I got the Cool White LEDs. The 99 cluster still have the digital odometer? I know the 99 cobra cluster does, and I can get all three keys reprogramed. THe only down side to that is the mileage that is on the cluster wont match. That probably also means that I will need to get the 99 ac cluster too.....because that is also green.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
any a/c cluster from 94-01 will fit right in. any 99+ has digital odometer. and who cares about matching mileage!

Nightmare

Reaction score
any a/c cluster from 94-01 will fit right in. any 99+ has digital odometer. and who cares about matching mileage!

Well, I get my car serviced at the dealership I work at regularly.....ie oil changes (cant do them at my apartment). Mileage gets recorded every time........I might have to talk to the service writers see if I can get around this. The only other question that I would have then, since the 99 Cobra speedo goes up to 160, and my get one goes up to 150, will the speedo be off.......mmmmmm.

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
nightmare - cool whites should do just fine if you're looking for a blue output

5ptSlow

Reaction score
New problem; cluster doesn't light up anymore when I pull my switch back. If I barely press it in, the cluster works but it turns my headlights off. Then, if I just switch to amber lights only it does the same. Gonna rip the cluster out again. Maybe something is loose.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

Nightmare

Reaction score
nightmare - cool whites should do just fine if you're looking for a blue output

Nooo brother, I got the cool whites and installed them in my car. The film is not blue in my car...it is green. Monkey said it, the last year for the blue was 99.

TanTop94

Reaction score
I just did this to my car and my cluster is now a very nice shade of blue:)
Somethings I ran into while doing this were...

-Twist style sockets were surprisingly hard to get out, I didn't want to break them but force was needed to get them out.
-Some of my bulbs weren't lighting after install, need to test to see if it was the bulbs or if i could have just placed them in wrong or something else happened.
-When removing and testing lights, my head light knob decided to bend its clip that holds it on, had it bend it back a considerable amount before it would actually hold itself back onto the bar it connects too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online