SN95 Tow Hook from FTR

RichV

Reaction score
Love it. Rich I am planning on towing it tomorrow just to test it out. Thank god I havent had a real reason to actually tow it yet :angel:.

PM me if you want to discuss ordering info!

That would be good! It looks like it will hold up. Just at the last event, last race of the weekend, got punted by a 4th gen. Did a full 360 on track and my car didn't restart due to a fuse. Had to wait for the tow truck at the end of the race. They just walk over, see your tow-point, and connect the rope/hook. You don't even get unbuckled most cases. The rear one is there if they gotta pull you out of something. In Hastings NE a few years back they used mine. After some rain off track was just alalfa and mud-soup. I somehow :angel: ended up in it with my ass sticking out, they were able to hitch to the rear hook and pull the car out rather than trying from the front. So they both come in handy. And are required for any race class in NASA.

What about a rear matching hook, looks like it should be easy, something similar but it would go through the rear bumper at the bumper bolt in point. Maybe you could make me a front setup, and send an extra hook only. Then I can drill and fab the rear one. Shoot, include some TOW arrow stickers and you have a 94-04 Tow Hook track kit.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Do want. Maybe not now, but soon. Silly to put a tow hook on a non-running car. (Or maybe that's smarter, IDK)

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
I would be interested.. Would be nice when I need a flatbed, to not have them try and rip apart my goddamn frame...

Also for the track..

Also.. +10000 for not putting it through the bumper!!!!

Although, i wont lie. I cringe at the idea of removing my front bumper again lol

ProKiller

Reaction score
turned out pretty good but waiting for towing confirmation before passing judgement. perhaps more pics with the hook removed and just the bracket?

95opal

Reaction score
Nice work...might need one of these so the pacecar can tow me around at mustang week lol

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
pace-car slammed on its nuts?? lol. id pay money to see that! :-D

O.P. great set up! I never muched liked the look of tow hooks. this looks much more "clean"

95opal

Reaction score
pace-car slammed on its nuts?? lol. id pay money to see that! :-D

"

Haha hey ya never know as Ill be cutting it tight and might not have the tune dialed in by then. Lets just hope it doesnt come to that.

MadStang

Reaction score
would like to see where it sits on a 99-04 before I buy one. for some reason I'm thinking it won't work on the roush front where you mounted it. Then again I don't know how exactly you mounted it (drilled holes or?)

OP
OP
Pete@FTR

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
would like to see where it sits on a 99-04 before I buy one. for some reason I'm thinking it won't work on the roush front where you mounted it. Then again I don't know how exactly you mounted it (drilled holes or?)

It will work on a 99-04 v6/gt/cobra. I could be wrong but I believe there is a grill on the front bottom of the roush bumper that would need to be modified.

As you can see in the picture, it attaches to the crash bumper via holes you punch or cut (or it can be welded) so you can mock it up and adjust it vertically a few inches and left to right all across the whole crash bumper.

Sent from Tapatalk for iPhone

MadStang

Reaction score
It will work on a 99-04 v6/gt/cobra. I could be wrong but I believe there is a grill on the front bottom of the roush bumper that would need to be modified.

As you can see in the picture, it attaches to the crash bumper via holes you punch or cut (or it can be welded) so you can mock it up and adjust it vertically a few inches and left to right all across the whole crash bumper.

ah gotcha, and yes, the roush bumper has a big front air dam, I just don't know if it'll work without cutting into the bumper... in that case, I'd probably just make one of my own haha.

OP
OP
Pete@FTR

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Are those bolts sleeved through the tubing?

They are not sleeved through, but I like that idea. It is strong enough as is, but I will explore this idea once I do some actual fore testing and get numbers to compare. Stay tuned

RichV

Reaction score
So you did test it?

Thinking about it, does the crash bumper need welded solid to handle the stress? My tow points have allways been to the unibody. One of the mustang guys has a hook like that in the center of his bumper, maybe I'll ask him if he has his crash supports still in.

OP
OP
Pete@FTR

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
So you did test it?

Thinking about it, does the crash bumper need welded solid to handle the stress? My tow points have allways been to the unibody. One of the mustang guys has a hook like that in the center of his bumper, maybe I'll ask him if he has his crash supports still in.

Yes we tested it. Didn't purposely get the car stuck in any ditches but we hooked it up, pulled the car, jerked it around, etc. I was very happy with the results, everything held up solid.

uguha2yr.jpg

Couldn't get any video of it yesterday because there were only two of us, but here's a pic. Rigged it on a 10ft steel with a shackle at each end and a spanset.

Mustanger

Reaction score
Question: When not using the Tow ring does it get blown back & touch the bumper cover or is it locked in the rest position? I can always pad the backside if it does....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online