SN95 Tow Hook from FTR

OP
OP
Pete@FTR

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Question: When not using the Tow ring does it get blown back & touch the bumper cover or is it locked in the rest position? I can always pad the backside if it does....

Good question, the hook doesn't swing forward and back on its own because it's not that loose (unless you go crazy on it with wd40), but there is no locking mechanism to keep it in the rest position. Mine usually rests straight downward unless someone pushes it back or i imagine if it would get hit by a rock or some debris it would obviously push back.

No marks in my bumper from the tow hook though :smiley:

RichV

Reaction score
Step back everyone ... I'll put this bad boy to the test. :)

Thanks Pete! Looking forward to getting it installed. Hope I won't have to use it next race, but maybe I'll pretend to break on a warmup session or something, just to test it out.

RichV

Reaction score
Pete PM'd me that he included sleves now as well. Can't wait to see the setup!!

OP
OP
Pete@FTR

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
So I used Steve's idea and added lathed out sleeves for the bolts through the steel tubing for some extra strength.
Also shipped out Rich his kit, excited to see it on his car!

8667047272_8708e64b4f.jpg

8665946631_dd238787aa_m.jpg

OP
OP
Pete@FTR

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
very interesting.. will they be welded in? Or just held in via the bolt and pressure?

They are held in via the bolt and pressure. I experimented with welding them but I realized there's not really any reason to weld them because all of the force on the sleeves is forward/back from the bolts.

RichV

Reaction score
Got my setup today.

Will be installing this weekend. Pete also sent me some sleves. Product looks good, nice instructions included. There IS some drilling that needs done for install. So a template would be nice to ensure you don't drill it too high and hit the bumper cover. I'll take some pics during install.

Thanks again Pete!!

OP
OP
Pete@FTR

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Got my setup today.

Will be installing this weekend. Pete also sent me some sleves. Product looks good, nice instructions included. There IS some drilling that needs done for install. So a template would be nice to ensure you don't drill it too high and hit the bumper cover. I'll take some pics during install.

Thanks again Pete!!

Glad it arrived safely! I like the template idea, I'll work on that tomorrow. Excited to see pics of it installed

Steve-Oh

Legend
Reaction score
So I used Steve's idea and added lathed out sleeves for the bolts through the steel tubing for some extra strength.
Also shipped out Rich his kit, excited to see it on his car!

8667047272_8708e64b4f.jpg

8665946631_dd238787aa_m.jpg

Very awesome!!! Glad one of my ideas was put to good use lol. I agree that they don't need to be welded in, would be more for convenience if anything.

OP
OP
Pete@FTR

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Im excited as well.. And different color hooks are available? Ide prolly just want all black or orange to match the car

Yeah, anodized red blue black silver and orange/gold are standard, and I can get red, black, or orange powder coated but it would end up being extra time/cost because of being a custom order.

Sent from Tapatalk for iPhone

OP
OP
Pete@FTR

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Very awesome!!! Glad one of my ideas was put to good use lol. I agree that they don't need to be welded in, would be more for convenience if anything.

I get you, maybe just a tack weld on each then to hold it in? Ill try it out

OP
OP
Pete@FTR

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
^ Thats kinda what I was thinking. Just to hold it there.

But ok. Cool. I would definitely want all black or something. Thats awesome man.

Thanks dude. Shoot me a pm if decide you want to order one

OP
OP
Pete@FTR

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I will once I see these tests man! I just hate the idea of taking my bumper off! lol

Ill try and take a better video today. The only one I have currently is from inside the car because we didnt have a cameraman.

And holy shit shorty.. That's funny especially because those cars usually have a factory tow hook on the bottom

Steve-Oh

Legend
Reaction score
I really have no reason for this as my car is no race car. Did you say it will fit the cobra bumper? If not I'd be glad to let you know for sure! My bumper is off right now so it's the perfect time to fit and test out your product. If you have time send me a pm with pricing.

Sent from Space

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online