So I was given this 1995 Continental...

Wood's 5.0

Reaction score
@rustang68. Hello and welcome to the forum. Man, IMHO, just because you CAN do something does not in any way mean you should. The headache involved with a swap like that cannot be described. 96blak54 has a lot of good and correct information on the first gen 4V modulars. I was really into the scene at the time and remember the demise of push-rods in the Thunderbirds/Cougars/Lincolns, and finally the Mustangs. Yes, it came with 300 horsepower and would haul @$$ for what it was at the time. An EMS partner of mines mother had one (I think they called the engines INTECH's or something) and we took it out for a uuhhh..."spin" one lazy weekend afternoon. From a dead stop dropping the hammer, it was all I could do to keep it in the road. Stable it was NOT. Front-wheel drive SUCKS. Another buddy of mine bough a '94 Mk VIII, though, and it was pretty bad-@$$ all the way around. Fast, comfy, and chics dug it. If you want a cruiser and are willing to pay the exorbitant maintenance costs associated with keeping it the road once you even GET it on the road then best of luck to you, sir. You said transmission and brakes went out? Bad news for the checkbook. They wound up on used car lots cheap for a reason. Just my opinion and trying to help. However, if you do decide to jump it...LOL!!!

OP
OP
R

rustang68

Reaction score
sharephoto.jpg

Overdue on the pic request lol! Here's my '68 back in 2006-ish

OP
OP
R

rustang68

Reaction score
20190809_2059451031_zpsaawukchc.jpg

...and my latest project, my bro's 69 Torino that had been mothballed for 20 years. This is at a test and tune a few weeks ago

OP
OP
R

rustang68

Reaction score
I've started taking the Lincoln apart yesterday. Not sure how to get the motor out but looks like it might be easier to drop the engine/trans thru the bottom? Spent several hours just stripping away stuff including the radiator. Haven't crawled underneath yet. That's my next step.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online