So im getting a new block :)

Demolisher

Reaction score
The mechanic that is working on my car says its best to put the after market cam while the engine is open :dancing6: so heres my ? they told me a b303 cam was a good cam is it true? i already know the specs and stuff but i wanna know is gonna sound like a loply cam like its gonna turn off? also with the b303 cam am i gonna have to change out anything i just want a cam where i dont have to change anything out ,also he's throwing in flattop pistions are those any good? just looking for some help :drunk:

Downshift

Reaction score
Id go with a different cam man. There are a ton of newer cams out that are better start emailing some places like comp or crane and ask them they will help you out. If you run flat tops the valves are gonna be that much closer to the top of the piston so heads or cams that are already close to the stock pistons arnt gonna be an option anymore with out some more work. You just doing the flattys because of forged or why?

Anrev

Reaction score
What do you want out of a cam? Just an increase in HP? I have a E303 in mine and I like it. Its a little milder than a B.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Wait, why is your engine opened up?

You say you're getting a new block, but then the post is about a cam?

What ever happened to your PCV problem?

S281 #39B

Reaction score
The cam is a direct fit, very lopy, and makes good power. I love the way it sounds.

OP
OP
D

Demolisher

Reaction score
it wasnt the pcv valve it still smoked and worse ,and im getting the cam because the engine is already gonna be opend up so "saleen" u haver the b303 ?

OP
OP
D

Demolisher

Reaction score
wtf ok u own the saleen? anyways is tha cam a good cam power wise and noise wise? :drunk:

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
Demolisher said:
wtf ok u own the saleen? anyways is tha cam a good cam power wise and noise wise? :drunk:
We are married. It is a good cam but not emmisions legal (if that matters) The power is mid to high but with stock heads a cam is not going to help and may even hurt performance. In you case get a more user friendly cam steeda 19(computer friendly)

ryclef331

Reaction score
a b303 is a dinosaur compared to the new grinds out....look elsewhere. IF you change your cam, you need to go ahead and change your valvesprings as well. As for the pistons, if they're not forged pistons, there is no point. Think about what you're doing before you spend a dime...the mechanic sounds like he might be trying to take you for a ride.

S281 #39B

Reaction score
Demolisher said:
Dont let him fool you. The saleen is mine ;) he just wishes it was his

OP
OP
D

Demolisher

Reaction score
Paul said:
Got pics of the engine build?

Nah i wish i dont have a camara nvm guys already picked out everythin even the cam car will be done thursday :)

S281 #39B

Reaction score
quickstang_1994 said:
Paul said:
Does anyone else smell BS?
yeah With this statement.
S281 #39B said:
Dont let him fool you. The saleen is mine ;) he just wishes it was his
:blah2: :blah2: :blah2: :blah2: :blah2: :blah2: :blah2: :blah2: :blah2: :blah2: :blah2: :blah2: :blah2: :blah2: :blah2: :blah2: :blah2: :blah2: :blah2: :blah2: :blah2: :blah2: :blah2: :blah2: :blah2: :blah2: :blah2: :blah2: :blah2: :blah2: :blah2: :blah2:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy