So im getting a new block :)

Passenger

Reaction score
So wait.

Your building a 306 and it'll be done Wednesday or Thursday?

I'm with Paul. however, I wish you luck.

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
Passenger said:
So wait.

Your building a 306 and it'll be done Wednesday or Thursday?

I'm with Paul. however, I wish you luck.
I guess none of you work on cars. It shouldn't take but 2 days one for the machine shop and one to build it together. Then another for install.

Passenger

Reaction score
I'm guessing you've got quality machine shops around you then. Lord knows if you send anything to a machine shop here, it'll be gone for a month atleast if your having some heavy work done.

OP
OP
D

Demolisher

Reaction score
yah the machine shop is the best there know for race cars O0 its called Karios RACING im even gonna get a window sticker lol anyways i went to drop off the money today i saw the block smooth as hell the 306 is gonna be sick with all the things hes helping me with :drunk: and the cam is gonnna make my car sound like a beast im so happy lol maby once i get ahold a camcorder ill record an idle clip :) and all it takes is like a week :) but since the cam he ordered was from somewhere outta tx he says it might take a bit longer maby friday or saturday maby even monday but its gonna be all worth it when im smoking lt1s :pimp2: wish me luck guys O0

purplehaze

Reaction score
so you from south texas right?if so we bumped heads before when i was bone stock. now i see your doing a 306 to smoke lt1's? i think a 302 can still do that. should of saved your money and bought all bolt-ons. i am up for a friendly race against a freshly built 306.oh if you dont remember me, just drop by selectstangs.com. 8)

OP
OP
D

Demolisher

Reaction score
LOL yah i remember you i bumped into you in harlingen when i was bone stock what happen y did u stay behind (not talking shit) yah well now im doing a 306 and whenever you want we can do it just know this my block has lots of work and my cam is gonna be pretty lopey all thanx to Karios if you dont know who that is they build race car engines and hes helping me out alot laterz DEMOLISHER O0

OP
OP
D

Demolisher

Reaction score
and forget the b303 cam i went with a better cam but cant give out no specs on my set-up cuz theres 2 many ppl on this board from south tx :nonono:

OP
OP
D

Demolisher

Reaction score
ohh yah if u see me throw me a rev im driving around on chrome bullits now :dancing6:

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Demolisher said:
and forget the b303 cam i went with a better cam but cant give out no specs on my set-up cuz theres 2 many ppl on this board from south tx :nonono:

oooOOOOOoooohhh. Are you a super secret squirrel street racer that makes a thousand horsepowers? :khobra: :lame:

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Demolisher said:
are u a super fag that doesnt have a life?

I have a life, and a job, and a girlfriend, and four Mustangs.

You wanna know my cam specs? Oh, wait - I don't want anyone to know, you never know when some Phoenix streetracers may be lurking. With those cam specs, they may just win the uber streetracing championship from me. I don't want anyone to know how I make horsepowers.

Paul.

OP
OP
D

Demolisher

Reaction score
nah its just that i dont want ppl with my setup just get outta the thread

Passenger

Reaction score
I can assure you, unless its a custom grind cam, its VERY unlikely that your the only one with it. Seriously, it'd be like damn near impossible.

Originality is no where. You'll learn.

Downshift

Reaction score
Wow some hostility up in here haha. Dude no offense but they are right its a mustang and a 5.0 at that. Its all been done a hundred times. People were just wanting to know your set up for reference, thats how you learn. If I go read that 20 people with a 302 and a certain brand heads run like shit and have low numbers on an E cam but 35 people running a 306 with the same heads saw awesome gains then it was helpful. Not to bug you or find out your secret cam so that they have an edge when they race you.

purplehaze

Reaction score
well let me say that im from the same area as demolisher, and i can assure you it is rare that there is a custom grind cam on a gt over here. everyone here has the typical basic budget setup.being cam,gears,headers,tb,intake, and at the most stock ported heads.thats what we usually run down here. and for someone to have a custom grind for a 306 is a waste of cash.so i doubt he is runnning something out of the ordinary.(not talking smack demolisher)!

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
all head, cam, intake combos all make around the same power as long as they are in the same area(dont compare reg gt-40's to afr 165 or 185). the power ranges from the lowest of 270rwhp to the highest of 330rwhp.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
quickstang_1994 said:
all head, cam, intake combos all make around the same power as long as they are in the same area(dont compare reg gt-40's to afr 165 or 185). the power ranges from the lowest of 270rwhp to the highest of 330rwhp.

This is a bit too generalized. You can make less or significantly more power on a 306 depending on how mild/wild it is. I've seen 372 rwhp and mid 11's here in Phoenix from a fox vert with TEA ported TFS TW, an Ed Curtis cam, and a Systemax II. It still ran on pump gas, but the idle was very choppy.

I've seen other nasty 306s well into the 11Xmph area N/A as well.

Paul.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online