so ive races two cobalt ss with the same outcome...

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
No Whipple? Thought it was? Stock heaton? Bleh its got a Forged 5.4 with a PD supercharger. Easily easily upgradeable but if you have enough money to buy a Ford GT or ZR1 or anything like that you probably aren't going to need to worry about how much it'll cost to upgrade it.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
No Whipple? Thought it was? Stock heaton? Bleh its got a Forged 5.4 with a PD supercharger. Easily easily upgradeable but if you have enough money to buy a Ford GT or ZR1 or anything like that you probably aren't going to need to worry about how much it'll cost to upgrade it.

Its a lysholm blower....thought it was a twin screw unit

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
Considering they are fwd there is very little loss of power to the wheels unlike the mustang where it's rwd it suffers more of a loss when it comes to power to the wheels.
So I'd lose lol

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

FWD vehicles have more loss due to drivetrain than a RWD.

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
Someone mentioned that the Ford GT's engine could be stronger. Multiple (reputable) tuners have commented that there isn't much that can be done to make the GT 5.4L any stronger than it already is. It'll take 1100+ and ask for more.

actually RWD cars have more drivetrain loss.

and I thought the Ford GT came with an M112?

No, they don't. Power is transferred more efficiently through a RWD. It's a straight shot back to the rear wheels instead of a 90* bend.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
lol, don't the axles take a 90 degree turn out to the wheels? FWD is more efficient and takes less power to drive, it has nothing to do with 90 degree bends.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
It doesn't matter, it takes more power to drive a RWD system, its larger, heavier and bulkier which means it takes more power than FWD. Why do you think all the little compact cars are fwd? it's because FWD is more fuel efficient. Look it up.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
somebody please kill this post..... While part of me can't wait too see what the next debate is I am sure there is an import forum laughing at us now....

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
I always thought a fwd system was more efficient as well

Either way I can't imagine the difference being that much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
STANGFLOYD

Members online

No members online now.