so ive races two cobalt ss with the same outcome...

Nightmare

Reaction score
Holy cow, you are seriously compairing a cts v to a Ford GT? THe suspension on the CTS-v is not even close to how good it is on the GT, it weighs a hell of a lot more than the GT, and gets out accellerated by the gt. Anyone who has the money of one has at least enough money to a simple pully and tune on a GT and get an easy 700 hp out of it. For that matter, since when did the CTS V cost 50g's brand new? Everyone that I have seen runs about 60k+

gate keeper

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Holy cow, you are seriously compairing a cts v to a Ford GT? THe suspension on the CTS-v is not even close to how good it is on the GT, it weighs a hell of a lot more than the GT, and gets out accellerated by the gt. Anyone who has the money of one has at least enough money to a simple pully and tune on a GT and get an easy 700 hp out of it. For that matter, since when did the CTS V cost 50g's brand new? Everyone that I have seen runs about 60k+

Stop just stop.

Every one knows that if you pull out the rear seats in the CTS-V it becomes a CTS-GT

chrisv_10

Reaction score
First of Justin **** you LOL .. now i got that outta the way. Why is it such a bad thing to compare a CTSV to a GT hell you save 100 grand and its only ,15 seconds slower .. and no the suspension post wouldnt work caddy prides themselves in their magnetic suspension Im sure they have it all down pat .. you could throw a small shot of NOS and beat that Ford GT with the CTSV no problem .. IMO the Ford GT doesnt look all that great but thats just me guy in town has a kit car of one and dont like it .. anyways comparing a car to another car that isnt in its class ? just because its not a "SUPERCAR" which doesnt seem so super for someone that only runs .15 seconds better than a dealer car you can go buy any time for a set price for 100k less .. where is this book of rules you guys come up with LMAO? will it fit in my mail box ?? I ask questions in other posts to get second opinions on what Im doing .. all you other girls do is ***** , wine and complain and pay someone to do your stuff or brag about your CAI < LMAO! my as well buy a honda and cut your balls off .. no seriously do this .. LOL I love you guys you get so tore up .. MustangChris ! any good experience with some Koni STR.T shocks ? Just picked some up today ?

e6e8ene5.jpg

Sent on the toilet from my SGH-T679

99GreenStang

Reaction score
I was saying that I think Caddy knows what their doing with the suspension already on the car for the money it would cost to do suspension you could probably like you said buy bolt on to beat the GT , you said it yourself that they spent tons of research money on building this car .Dont piss your panties girls its not the end of the world I'm pretty sure theirs no law saying I cant compare 2 cars .. Whats sad is that the 4 door sedan could beat the "Purposely built race car " that's all I am saying I'm not saying either is a bad car just that kinda amazing theirs not much of a difference at all in power but their damn sure is in price . moving on lets compare my neighbors exercise bike to my buddy's v tec now theirs something in the same class!! LOL dont get all riled up girls we just having some fun cause we all bored :p

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score

Based on what though? What makes the suspension in the GT so good? Im not saying you're wrong, I really didnt know the GT had some world class suspension.

The pulley/tune comment is retarded, the CTS-V makes 60 more hp stock and you can make 700 hp just as easy.

The CTS-V seems to stop from 60-0 in a shorter distance than the Gt also

Seems like a C6Z rapes it around a track and it doesnt have anything groundbreaking under the car as far as I know.

As far as straight line speed and acceleration, 1/4 mile, V vs a Ford GT, seems like it would be a drivers race based on what the Ford GT was tested at by all the magazines but it does look like the GT's trap speed is a solid 3-5 mph higher so maybe it has something to do with the way the gearing is setup?

a new 09-13 V is like 60-70k

Either way, if you're gonna compare something compare the C6Z or the ZR1 to the ford GT, not a cadillac lol

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I may be a little biased but I'd say the C6Z is a pos compared to the Ford GT. If it's really that much quicker around the 'ring then that's impressive, but I will say a friend of mine who's a diehard Corvette fan rode an hour to the drag strip in a C6Z and he said the ride was so godawful his back hurt when he got there. Considering how comfortable the GT is, that may play a part in the handling department.

Also as far as engines go the Ford GT engine is wayyy stronger than the LS7.

99GreenStang

Reaction score
^ epic lol justin says **** your gt lol . It doesnt seem to me the GT is anything so special considering you guys said the times were like .15 seconds or less away from each other you could really narrow that down depending on driver and take off .. The acceleration couldnt be much better considering the time difference between the two .. I agree with you Justin I would say the gearing ratio is different especially since one is a race car and the other is a everyday car .. Hmm makes me wonder if you change the gearing a little in the CTSV if you could beat the GT with just that ? Im too lazy to look up the gearing for them both LOL I'll take the car thats 100 thousand dollars less thats .15 seconds slower such a better deal .

99GreenStang

Reaction score
I would love to see the car market go back to like it used to be .. See who can build the biggest and baddest cars and who can sell them cheaper . I'm not much of a fan at all of them but those old Pontiac had some big HP and the Oldsmobiles as well . Now they just build the best ECO friendly car and battle to see who can super glue more plastic to a car and jack the price up . SAD fate .

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
I may be a little biased but I'd say the C6Z is a pos compared to the Ford GT. If it's really that much quicker around the 'ring then that's impressive, but I will say a friend of mine who's a diehard Corvette fan rode an hour to the drag strip in a C6Z and he said the ride was so godawful his back hurt when he got there. Considering how comfortable the GT is, that may play a part in the handling department.

Also as far as engines go the Ford GT engine is wayyy stronger than the LS7.

Why do you think I bought a V instead of the C6Z? LOL Those things are uncomfortable just to sit in.

But I believe a C6Z was half the price of a GT new.

Ive never been in a Ford GT but I would agree that the C6Z isnt a comfort car....but you gotta give a little to get supercar performance for C6Z money.

Im not sure what exactly you mean by stronger in regards to the engines, but if you lined a C6Z up with a Ford GT, stock for stock, my money would be on the Z on a track or 1/4 mile, sorry to say.

I know people have been running 600-800 RWHP with the LS7 on the stock non forged internals...

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yeah the C6Z is cheaper because it's a Corvette I'd guess. As far as 1/4 mile times go stock for stock i think the GT actually edges out the Z, but they are close.

As far as engines go the Z engine is just not built nearly as strong, I don't know how many people you've seen running that much power and for how long but from everything I've gathered they don't take boost well at all, hence the 6.2 in the ZR1. Because the 7.0 is a small block the pistons share cylinder walls with each other and imo that's just not a good design. To not have any block between the pistons is silly. I've even heard of stock C6Z's blowing up at Watkins Glen but I couldn't give you any details.

the GT engine on the other hand is built like a freakin tank, it will take loads of boost all day and love every minute of it.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yeah the C6Z is cheaper because it's a Corvette I'd guess. As far as 1/4 mile times go stock for stock i think the GT actually edges out the Z, but they are close.

As far as engines go the Z engine is just not built nearly as strong, I don't know how many people you've seen running that much power and for how long but from everything I've gathered they don't take boost well at all, hence the 6.2 in the ZR1. Because the 7.0 is a small block the pistons share cylinder walls with each other and imo that's just not a good design. To not have any block between the pistons is silly. I've even heard of stock C6Z's blowing up at Watkins Glen but I couldn't give you any details.

the GT engine on the other hand is built like a freakin tank, it will take loads of boost all day and love every minute of it.

True, the GT engine should be built stronger since it is boosted from the factory, ill give you that.

Just to be fair I got the same source of 1/4 mile times, I know people have gotten the C6Z into the high 10s stock these days but: Motor Trend clocked 2008 Z06 in quarter with 11.5 @ 127.1 and 0-60 in 3.5.

They clocked the 2005 Ford Gt @ 11.78 @ 124.31 0-60 in 3.6 just FYI.

Realistically its still a drivers race but I wouldnt really say theres a clear winner and if there was a winner there, I wouldnt say it was the GT lol.

shorty

Reaction score
Reading some of these post is like smelling your own armpits, you know its going to stink but yet your attracted to the smell.
8474739.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
STANGFLOYD