so ive races two cobalt ss with the same outcome...

shorty

Reaction score
Na. I just get really really bored sitting in front of a computer ALL DAY.

gate keeper

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I may be a little biased but I'd say the C6Z is a pos compared to the Ford GT. If it's really that much quicker around the 'ring then that's impressive, but I will say a friend of mine who's a diehard Corvette fan rode an hour to the drag strip in a C6Z and he said the ride was so godawful his back hurt when he got there. Considering how comfortable the GT is, that may play a part in the handling department.

Also as far as engines go the Ford GT engine is wayyy stronger than the LS7.

I'll just throw this out there.

I don't think I know one person who bought a corvette because it was "Comfy"

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I'll just throw this out there.

I don't think I know one person who bought a corvette because it was "Comfy"

I know a WHOLE BUNCH that have sold it after finding out how comfy it is. My neighbor was funny when he bought his C6 flat out saying it was a mid-life crisis car. He is an insurance salesman that basically lives in his car so he drove the vette for about 6 months before he pulled his mark 8 out of the garage again.

shorty

Reaction score
you wantz Luxury feelz? buy a KIA Sedona. Man its ballin status, got room for da kids in the back, gots all kinds of leg room, and the sound of that v6 when its runnin 0-60 in 18 secs "MAN" it dont get no betta

shorty

Reaction score
man. those fortes are just a tad bit quick.. now i didnt say FAST.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
True, the GT engine should be built stronger since it is boosted from the factory, ill give you that.

Just to be fair I got the same source of 1/4 mile times, I know people have gotten the C6Z into the high 10s stock these days but: Motor Trend clocked 2008 Z06 in quarter with 11.5 @ 127.1 and 0-60 in 3.5.

They clocked the 2005 Ford Gt @ 11.78 @ 124.31 0-60 in 3.6 just FYI.

Realistically its still a drivers race but I wouldnt really say theres a clear winner and if there was a winner there, I wouldnt say it was the GT lol.

I see what you're saying. I know stock GTs have gone high 10s also so it sounds like they are really close. 11.7 just seems too far off for me to believe MT on that one though.

gate keeper

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
tickle my anus

images

Nightmare

Reaction score
Justin, I hear what you are saying. Where I agree that there are some points that the CTS V and the C6Z has over the Ford GT, you are forgetting one major thing, none of the cars that you mentioned are in the same "class" as the Ford GT. The CTS is a luxo sport sedan, and the c6 z06 is on the high end of the sports car class. The ZR1 comes close, but it is in no way a "supercar" by any classification. There are a lot os "supercars" that the zo6 and the zr1 can beat from the Ford GT's time, however when new, there really wasnt much that came close to it. Remember that a lot has changed since 2005-2006. Braking, suspension, engine, and hell even tire performance has evolved years beyond what it was in 2005.

A friend of mine who owns the dealership group that my future wife works as (he actually got me my start as a sales person) can have his pick between any new Corvette or CTS-V that he wants, however he sold his Ferarri 355 and bought a Ford GT for a number of reasons. He wanted a car that ran 10's out of the box (he did have an 8 sec mustang vert), is something that you dont see every day, and responded well to modifications. I have sat in both.....I could not sit in a vette for long periods of time, the caddy is comfy as hell, and the gt is comfy and sporty....it is a personal preference.....

Oh and by the way, the 50,000 thing, I was semi quoting the OP.......I couldnt stomache the 60,000+ price one of those v's command. The pully and a tune comment was just more of an example of the many things that you can do to a GT

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
If I could afford a ford gt I would buy one too lol

The price is high but that's why I bought my v used and saved 20-25k.

Its not like you can buy a sedan that will touch the v for the price though...the m5 and super sedan amg cars are like 100k lol

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
Didn't read most of this thread, seems to have gone from a PI stang racing modded SS Cobalts to arguments over the Ford GT vs the Z06/CTSV? My opinion, if you are worrying about racing a SS Cobalt your car is slow, period. My current car is in current said "slow" status and I'm working to fix that. I'm also not going out and street racing it against ricers tho...

As for the CTSV vs Z06/ZR1 vs Ford GT. I mean come on really? If you could have your pick all things being equal you'd be an idiot not to go with the GT. Its a legit SUPERCAR and even today a good 8 or 9 years after the release in stock form it'll still out 1/4 and out road race just about anything. And if not it did come with a Whipple'd Forged 5.4 so it isn't like its very hard to add horsepower to it... Like a LOT of horsepower.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I love the GT. My buddys dads is sick though. Basically everything done you could do to it besides dropping the roots and switching to twins.

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
because its been a couple of weeks since we were told gm is superior.

I think all we have to do is say "bailout" and that should quash any argument. There are a few ppl who seem to believe they paid it all back which is entirely untrue as most of it was forgiven at a massive loss to taxpayers. I understand that a shitton of ppl would have lost their jobs if GM/Chrysler went under but... um... Capitalism? Yay?

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Didn't read most of this thread, seems to have gone from a PI stang racing modded SS Cobalts to arguments over the Ford GT vs the Z06/CTSV? My opinion, if you are worrying about racing a SS Cobalt your car is slow, period. My current car is in current said "slow" status and I'm working to fix that. I'm also not going out and street racing it against ricers tho...

As for the CTSV vs Z06/ZR1 vs Ford GT. I mean come on really? If you could have your pick all things being equal you'd be an idiot not to go with the GT. Its a legit SUPERCAR and even today a good 8 or 9 years after the release in stock form it'll still out 1/4 and out road race just about anything. And if not it did come with a Whipple'd Forged 5.4 so it isn't like its very hard to add horsepower to it... Like a LOT of horsepower.

I agree if you are worried about cobalts your car is slow.

Definitely ford gt but we were arguing performance, not what car you would have lol

It doesn't have a Whipple on it just FYI.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
STANGFLOYD

Members online