Sold the Stang

St33da

Reaction score
Well I sold my 97 last weekend..... wasnt really looking to sell it but was given an offer I couldnt refuse. No less than 2 hours after selling it I went into a panic attack since it was the first time in the past 10 years that I have not owned a mustang. I imediately went and got a Auto/RV Magazine and searched frantically for a new Stang. While its not an SN, I went back to my roots and got myself a Foxbody. Its a 1990 GT 25th Anniversary. Mods include the following:

Exterior:
4" Design Concepts Cowl Hood
LX Tail Lights

Engine:
Trick Flow Street Intake
3/8" Phenolic Intake Spacer
75mm BBK Throttle Body
75mm BBK EGR Spacer
76mm C&L Mass Air Meter
BBK Cold Air Kit
Jacobs Ignition Box
Jacobs Ignition Coil
Accel Distribuitor Cap and Rotor Button
Accel 8mm Spark Plug Wires
BBK 1 5/8" Shorty Headers
Mystery Brand Off Road H Pipe
40 Series Flowmaster Catback
Smog Pump Eliminated
A/C Eliminated
Myster Brand Crank Underdrive Pulley

Transmission:
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Ram Heavy Duty Clutch

Rear Differential:
FRPP 3.73:1 Ring and Pinion

Since last week I have already purchased quite a few items for the car. Now I just have to find the time to put them on:

Saleen Wing
Maxspeed Lowering Springs
Trick Flow Stage 1 Cam (.499/.510 lift, 221°/225° duration @50, 112° lobe seperation)
FRPP Hydraulic Roller Lifters
FRPP Pushrods
FRPP Timing Set
Aeromotive Fuel Rails (Already had from a previous Build)
Aeromotive Remote Mount Fuel Pressure Reguolator (Already had from a previous Build)

I still have quite a few things yet to get before I am temporarily satisfied with the car, but I can see a 5 lug conversion with Bullitt or Cobra Brakes and a set of Satin 03 Cobra Rims in my future. :dancing6:

Sorry for the crappy pics, but I cant seem to find my Camera so I just used my phone.

06_19_07_1859.jpg

06_18_07_1916.jpg

06_17_07_2245.jpg

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
sounds like you made a good choice...probably saved some dough and got a faster car. O0 congrats

OP
OP
S

St33da

Reaction score
yea I like the new stang alot. It has some issues that need to be addressed, but its 17 years old... so thats to be expected. I gave my shot with the 97 and only managed a 14.5@97mph with the car still being NPI. While I learned alot about the modular engine, I feel much better about going back to what I know. Supposively the new stang runs 13.7 on street tires, but I have yet to take it to the track to verify that. If that is the case, then with the new parts, drag radials and some good tuning I am expecting a low 13 out of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online