Spark Plug removal and install

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 96flmustang, Jun 14, 2007.

1. 96flmustang

96flmustang New Member

I started to do a tune up on my 94 GT yesterday but ran into some trouble. Man, it was next to impossible to remove and install a new plug in the number four spot. Its the one in the back on the passenger side. My hand couldn't fit in there to put the plug in. I didn't have trouble with any of the rest of them but I was wondering did anyone else have a problem or advise on how to do this easier in the future?

I had a friend with small hands finally after a half hour remove the plug. Crazy! Who ever heard of having that much trouble with a spark plug?

2. 95-stang

95-stang Well-Known Member

I seem to remember my trans am plugs were anything but fun too, but that one your on about on the muzzy is a real pain if you still have the smog pump gear fitted.
    I removed all the smog gear, now i can see and remove the plugs on that side real easy.

3. 96flmustang

96flmustang New Member

Smog pump gear? Is that something I can get rid of? I don't have to worry about emissions here in FL. Anything I can get rid of would be good. Especially if it would help me with changing my plugs.