Spring Detailing video with new finished pics now(5/16)

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
P21S paint cleanser, jetseal, 2 coats of P21S 100% carnuba wax, 2 gopro hero3 black cameras and this is what you get!

Just wanted to taunt everyone, like everyone else does(I think that makes me cool now). The video is loading now so its not like it will be weeks before I deliver I was just excited to get it done, happy with how it came out. Hoping to get out today to enjoy the good weather and take some shots/vids of the work. Also excited to tease you with the idea that I decided to pull the trigger and get my loud pedal, an EXTRA-LOUD button!

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
sorry fell asleep waiting

[video=youtube;hzRAAABVcb4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzRAAABVcb4&feature=youtu.be[/video]
hi rez available at youtube

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Wow your car is awesome ttocs. That paint came out flawless! Nice chair btw I have the same one lol, I love that little thing. Your guard dog looks about as vicious as mine haha, what kind of dog is that?

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I would say she is just an old mutt but she is so much more then just that. I got her all the way back in 2001 but everyone still thinks she is a puppy today. The best guess of the mix of breeds it that she is half keeshond http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keeshond , and half http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schipperke . In the mix she got the keeshond body/fur but the schipperke size and colors to make a perminant red/black husky. SUPER smart dog we figured out about a year after I got her that she had learned my and my 3 room mates names. You could tell her "go get bill" and she would go find him, say another name and she would find them too.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
paint is ok, would really like to get it re shot in the next few years. Just caught all the good parts with the camera..

Goldmember

Reaction score
Looks great from here. Paint shines hard for its age and the P21 gives it a boost. P21 FTW

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
its definitely in good shape for its age but nothing like detailing your car to find all the old, and a few new dents/dings/what ever. A friend stopped by and was just asking if it was the stock color/paint and was surprised. I kept it well waxes since mom owned it and it was new.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Drove past this building for a while now drooling at the patina that had aged onto the wall. must have been 6-8 different layers of paint, shingles/old signs/anything they could find to put up.

16208071_large.jpg

16208067_large.jpg

More to come, will need to look through the videos I took and do some editing to see what I can use out of it. Ever want to get some strange looks go to crack-central, park a nicely waxed car in front of the crappiest building on the street, they lay in the street and take pics of it.....

chris91

Reaction score
Dude that video is awesome. lol I really like how you utilized the garage door! Makes me want to go out and try this sample you sent me!! I just dont want to waste it though since my car is broken and sitting. :(

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
thanks. Next one will be even better. Wanted to add some motion to the time-lapse shots so I found an automated pan/tilt rig. Has 2 speeds one moves I think its 1 degree every 8 secs(super duper slow motion) and the other does 10 degrees in 5 secs I think it is. I can set it up to move up/down 90 degrees and horizontally 360 degrees, then speed up the film later in editing so the motion looks like regular speed(and super smooth) while all the action recorded then can be sped up from 2-32X as fast.
16208099_large.jpg

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Need yer help people! I am going to submit one of these pics for the forum photo contest, which one do you like? Could be any pic in this post but let me know your fav.

Thanks the door worked out well. Left the mounts up there as they will probably be used again. Tried out the pan/tilt rig yesterday while taking these nature shots
16210537_large.jpg

16210532_large.jpg

16210534_large.jpg

16210531_large.jpg

16210535_large.jpg

/
I wanted to change it up from the usual industrial building/graffiti stuff/loading dock that we all seem to be able to find and do some nature shots. I really wanted to lay it down on a putting green but needless to say I don't know a golf club that would let me do it, so this is the next best thing. This is actually a state nature preserve that shows how some primitive native americans lived in this area and some stuff they did. Called and got permission and they were cool with it. Thankfully I had the air-ride as I needed to go across a dip/ditch/run off canal to get to it. I also got to try out the slow-motion pan/tilt rig and editing it all now but I was hoping for a nice dramatic cloudy day to do that. Sweaping shots across the field/trees is cool but with some nasty clouds rolling overhead it would have made it better.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online