Start with a GT? Or will a V6 suffice?

OP
OP
C

Cochise

Reaction score
Yea. He sounds pretty set in 7K though. What would you offer?

If I’m laying 7K then I expect to get a little drive time out of it before the swap while I finish saving up the rest.

weendoggy

Reaction score
Yea. He sounds pretty set in 7K though. What would you offer?

If I’m laying 7K then I expect to get a little drive time out of it before the swap while I finish saving up the rest.
To me it's way overpriced, just look at the seats and rear facia, plus the fact it has issues now. It seems he's trying to get what he put into it. Not worth it to me. I paid almost half that for mine 3 yrs. ago. It's a 5K car at best and that's giving in a lot.

07GtS197

Reaction score
I can’t see it from the link but being a 99 and having issues I’d pass unless it comes down to your price. Florida usually has high car prices and that price is what people are selling for around here.

The biggest thing is you’re buying someone else’s project. Its so hit or miss, I did the same thing and now I have an annoying idle issue.

OP
OP
C

Cochise

Reaction score
Looking at this one now. He’s down to 5,800.

And this one below. But he won’t budge off of 7K and it was previously boosted and needs a tune right off the bat since it doesn’t have the the SC anymore. Makes me hesitant that I’m gonna need to spend several hundred plus the time to get it tuned.

weendoggy

Reaction score
The 2000 blue one looks like a better deal, BUT, it still needs to get checked out and it has an automatic (if that suits you). Still too much $$ in my book.

OP
OP
C

Cochise

Reaction score
It’s a 5 speed, he didn’t check the correct box.

unfortunately he I don’t have time to get it checked out. The car fax did look clean though.

Makoto

Reaction score
protip, while engine is cold crank it and spray starter fluid all around the intake, if it surges you've got a leak.
don't do it while the exhaust is super hot unless you're supercareful, that stuff is quite flammable.

Makoto

Reaction score
are you trying to make this car fit your price or find a good car to start with?

here's how you handle this: come to terms with what this car is worth to you, offer that, and if the guy doesn't take it walk away.

if you only offer what you want to pay for it you can't go wrong.

Venompower

Reaction score
You advised you have a budget of $20k for the swap and suspension, not including the car... IMO you can do the swap for a lot less than $20k so maybe invest a little more up front in a solid platform.

Makoto

Reaction score
just realized this is a coyote swap situation. you'll be WAY better off getting a used 2011 GT, dude.

OP
OP
C

Cochise

Reaction score
just realized this is a coyote swap situation. you'll be WAY better off getting a used 2011 GT, dude.
I just really like the SN95 body styles. It’s my favorite mustang save for the ‘69 Boss and the ‘66 fastback.

I do a lot of road course stuff, so I wanted the lighter car . Which the SN95 is much lighter.

OP
OP
C

Cochise

Reaction score
You advised you have a budget of $20k for the swap and suspension, not including the car... IMO you can do the swap for a lot less than $20k so maybe invest a little more up front in a solid platform.

My plan was to do a crate Gen 3 with T56 combo, brand new. Hence the 20K build.

OP
OP
C

Cochise

Reaction score
Well! I got one! And so glad I missed on the last 3.

This thing is so clean! Normal wear but great for a 21 year old car. Needs some elbow grease to clean it up (it’s just dirty), but I’m expecting it to clean up nicely!

came with a throttle body, intake plenum, 3.73’s and short shift. 103,000 miles.

$5,800!

really happy with my purchase. Now I just need some springs and I’ll be ready for the track!

weendoggy

Reaction score
Nice color and as long as you're happy, that's the main thing. As for track, you may need more than just springs. Just sayin'...

OP
OP
C

Cochise

Reaction score
Nice color and as long as you're happy, that's the main thing. As for track, you may need more than just springs. Just sayin'...
Hahaha. True, but it’s ready for at least a nice, slow, trot. Slow around the track still means good seat time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online