Steering wheels

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have seen the pics of the pieces people installed themselves and they look as good as the one I paid to ship to him to have covered. From what I understand just get comfy in front of the tv and it done in a couple of hours.

OP
OP
joe65

joe65

Reaction score
anyone know what the actual structure of the steering wheel ring is? Metal or plastic? I'm having this idea of cutting the stock wheel and putting a flat bottom in it. My guess is that its a no go, but could be cool to have a flat bottom stock wheel. i dunno. too much time on my hands i guess. lol

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
oh and the wheel I have is grey. If you want it pm me a stupid offer on it and your address and we can figure it out.

OP
OP
joe65

joe65

Reaction score
appreciate the offer. i'll get back to you.

OP
OP
joe65

joe65

Reaction score
LMR FR500
aca8918eed71c7e05924388564432381.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

i missed this somehow. like it!

Chris Stephens

Reaction score
I have a stock, 1995 Mustang wheel, in great shape I would sell. The cruise control buttons don't work, though. It's still on the car right now.

I fell in love with Alcantara wheels driving the GT350...the feel is great, no grip issues, and they look nice. I am thinking I will go with the Sparco-made Ford Racing one.

You can see how it looks in this video. I am pretty much going to use the exact parts in his description, quick release and all.

I am also going to add a button bracket so that I can trigger the 2-step rev limiter in the Holley Sniper.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I thought about doing alcantara but I wasn't sure how it would hold up to the sweat and oils from my hands. Instead I opted for napa leather and I have been really happy with it as well. Its surprising how much the little details make a difference but then its kinda of silly to also think that you will not notice the difference of feel in one of the few things you keep hold of the entire drive.

OP
OP
joe65

joe65

Reaction score
yeah i got spoiled by driving audis. The A4's i had real leather wheels and they just had a great feel.

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
I thought about doing alcantara but I wasn't sure how it would hold up to the sweat and oils from my hands.

I agree. Plus, Id imagine cleaning would also be pretty insane, if not impossible.

Personally, I find alcantara the subway tile of car interiors. Sure, it’s nice now, an expensive upgrade... ...but will this fabric be out of fashion in 5 years? I remember about 10-15 years ago when the trend was ostrich leather. Does anyone remember that? If you had anything reupholstered, it was in ostrich. ...otherwise, how would anyone else know?

But alcantara headliners... ...let’s just hope someone’s sweaty head doesn’t touch it. The alcantara B pillars in our daily are already showing signs of dirt and wear, because of how my husband gets in and out. Oh, and alcantara dashes... ...lemme tell you, if you suffer from even the slightest bit of OCD, you are always going to have to wipe the dash in one direction, then question anyone including yourself how on earth it was wiped against the rest. I don’t know how. I know I don’t touch it. Someone’s touching it!!! Stop touching it!!! It’s not me!!! I have no business touching it!!!

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
I have been pretty lucky finding steering wheels hear in my area junk yards pick them up for 60 bucks a wheel in very good shape
Sometimes 80 bucks for the steer colum

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
I have been pretty lucky finding steering wheels hear in my area junk yards pick them up for 60 bucks a wheel in very good shape
Sometimes 80 bucks for the steer colum

Lemme know the next time you come across an SN95 with red interior, and I’ll give you a shopping list, ok?

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
I' do need to go soon I need air vent registers for mine if there is anything else let me know

01yellercobra

Reaction score
anyone know what the actual structure of the steering wheel ring is? Metal or plastic? I'm having this idea of cutting the stock wheel and putting a flat bottom in it. My guess is that its a no go, but could be cool to have a flat bottom stock wheel. i dunno. too much time on my hands i guess. lol
Its metal. I had planned to do the same for my 01. I even have a spare wheel for it. But I came across a killer deal on an 03 wheel and slapped that one in.

Funny enough my daughter squirreled away my original wheel when I wasn't paying attention. When she get her car the first thing she did was swap the steering wheels.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Oh yeah that one is nice. I'd use one like that!
I got that one for my cobra . I am going to the junk yards this weekend or next bit I do need to find more stuff my cobra
Seems like consoles and the glass is the hardest to get took me for ever to find perfect windows for the sides roll up and sail panels

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
The good thing about the yards over hear
Interior if it's in good shape they set it inside
Dashes and seats consoles engines transmission the same
Just depends how well stuff like that was kept

OP
OP
joe65

joe65

Reaction score