Street outlaws

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
And people who say they aren't street cars because they are trailered everywhere. I would like you to travel 50/60miles to the track beat on it, hope it don't break and drive it back 50/60miles. Don't be upset because they have invested in a trailer and use it.

They aren't street cars. Let them film a show where they spend the day running errands in those cars. Then I'll believe they are street cars. They are street cars like Nascar's are "stock" cars.

I would like you to travel 50/60miles to the track beat on it, hope it don't break and drive it back 50/60miles.

Okay. I have driven my Mustang 260 miles to Homestead Miami Speedway, beat on it all weekend at the track, then driven it 260 miles home. While there, I lost all my coolant from the alt eating into the upper hose. If my engine had blown or I had wrecked, I would have had it towed home. But neither happened, so drove it home. So, did that. Now what?

Don't be upset because they have invested in a trailer and use it.

Who's upset? I was simply saying that there ain't nothing street about their cars. Point of fact: they trailer them everywhere. Probably even out to the back road where they test them. And I bet that's like 10 miles away. No one's hating. Nothing wrong with trailering it if they want to.

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
Drag week has purposed built cars for drag week. All of street outlaw cars can and have been driven on the street. As long as it has inspection sticker and plate with insurance it's a street car to me.
My inspection in Oklahoma was did my vin match my title/registration and a single question about my odometer reading.....

They are street able "street legal " cars....

OP
OP
cameron57

cameron57

Reaction score
Ya only down side is the races dont take place in okc there in small towns with permits pulled. Its hard to race in okc anymore the cops hate theses guys and any street racer gets huge tickets.

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
Oklahoma has the shittiest roads I have ever been on..... and they make you pay to drive on them..... only thing I really hated about that place

JKady

Reaction score
They didn't say daily driver grocery getter, they are street RACE cars. Andrade and Chuck have both posted mutiple videos of them cruising their cars. Andrade just put up some pics of his car in rush hour traffic in all of its now big tire, twin turbo LS powered glory. So is a guy that has a weekend only car that just drives the thing around the parks it back in the garage not the owner of a "street car" cause he doesn't drive it to work every day?

As far as the street vs unprepped strip goes. An unprepped drag strip has actually proven to be borderline dangerous to drive on compared to a clean concrete road.

OP
OP
cameron57

cameron57

Reaction score
Ill agree that no prep track is as scetchy as the street we have a no prep race every year abunch of guys wreck. I raced in it this year and had boosted gt first round. I was with him till my throttle cable came off go figure. Weird thing is next car that went after me rolled. My car only went 30' and it was like so one undid the throttle cable.

Wichers123

Reaction score
They didn't say daily driver grocery getter, they are street RACE cars. Andrade and Chuck have both posted mutiple videos of them cruising their cars. Andrade just put up some pics of his car in rush hour traffic in all of its now big tire, twin turbo LS powered glory. So is a guy that has a weekend only car that just drives the thing around the parks it back in the garage not the owner of a "street car" cause he doesn't drive it to work every day?

As far as the street vs unprepped strip goes. An unprepped drag strip has actually proven to be borderline dangerous to drive on compared to a clean concrete road.
Some people don't understand they just wanna hate.

JKady

Reaction score

Usually their uncle had one just like that but it was waaay faster, you know, runs a 6 second quarter but he drove it to work every day. Or wherever they're from has the real fastest street cars and the SO guys are a bunch of fakers etc... Shit gets old. We've got some VERY fast cars up here in the PNW (Including a 1000whp, street driven CIVIC!) but few are even close to the level of the guys on that show.

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
I'd like to see em race some of these Street Outlaws.....

[video=youtube_share;HvN4GdiUMNE]http://youtu.be/HvN4GdiUMNE[/video]

OP
OP
cameron57

cameron57

Reaction score
Cars like that ussually get beat on the street. There is the track and the street to completly different types of racing. Hints preped and unpreped

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

I didn't say anything at all about daily driving anything. I didn't realize they actually drove their cars on the street - in the limited number of videos I saw, they were trailered. So like I said, I stand corrected.

Seriously? Learn to read posts a little better. As I said before, no one is hating. I mean god forbid someone asks questions about something. I'll just go hate over in some other spot, because I certainly don't want to hate all over this thread with my hater questions and hater attitude, that would be just hater-orrible.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't say anything at all about daily driving anything. I didn't realize they actually drove their cars on the street - in the limited number of videos I saw, they were trailered. So like I said, I stand corrected.

Don't sweat it these arguments over street/non street happen all the time.

Some people think if it can be literally driven on a street it is a street car, others think it should be a street legal car to be called a street car.

I know none of those cars could be driven on the street in my State but other States have almost no rules.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Don't sweat it these arguments over street/non street happen all the time.

Some people think if it can be literally driven on a street it is a street car, others think it should be a street legal car to be called a street car.

I know none of those cars could be driven on the street in my State but other States have almost no rules.

I guess we are just miss-communicating (or maybe it's just me). Not trying to piss anyone off. I frankly don't care either way about street/non-street, their moms drive those cars or they are trailered, whatevs. I was just making a comment/asking some questions. Didn't mean to bend anyone out of shape.

Wichers123

Reaction score
Who's out of shape? Jeeze we are having a discussion, are we not? By your words, your the one getting bent. I hear time after time about streetcar vs racecar and the major argument from 80% of people is, "oh, that car is trailered". Now if you were rich enough to own a badass street car, AND a tow rig. Wouldn't you put it on the tow rig. I know I would, I wouldn't be stupid enough to drive my car 50/60miles hell more or less 1000+ miles to full out race with big money on the line.

Heres a question, do you think boosted gt's new edge is a street car?

447sn95

Reaction score
Have you guys seen the 95 cobra in the background when they do the interviews with chief. I'm sure it'll be in this seasons episodes since it's still at their shop. It's one of my friends cars getting a Bennett 445 and I think a 98mm turbo.

I know he recently bought a house in the okc area so he can race for the list when it's done. It'll be another Daddy Dave deal tho since a guy named Shawn owns the cars but another friend of mine Bobby will be driving it for him.

I know the show got me motivated to build another car.

Here's a picture of my daughter with Derek at the no prep race last month. She told him he wasn't getting her sleeves.

JIMMY

447sn95

Reaction score
Who's out of shape? Jeeze we are having a discussion, are we not? By your words, your the one getting bent. I hear time after time about streetcar vs racecar and the major argument from 80% of people is, "oh, that car is trailered". Now if you were rich enough to own a badass street car, AND a tow rig. Wouldn't you put it on the tow rig. I know I would, I wouldn't be stupid enough to drive my car 50/60miles hell more or less 1000+ miles to full out race with big money on the line.

Heres a question, do you think boosted gt's new edge is a street car?

You're preaching to the choir here.

I know most of the street races I go to have the cars trailered in. If they're not trailered at the street races you (not you Wichers123 but you in general) go to, you're at the kiddy end of the pool.

JIMMY

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
What is up with the daddy dave situation why is all his crap paid for? It irks the heck out of me every time he is on there bragging that he will blow it up every time no wonder he don't give a crap if he isn't paying for it.

RichV

Reaction score
4 black tires and a steering wheel = street car?

So how would any car NOT qualify as a street car? I can go to the DMV with a title or bill of sale and have plates in a matter of hours.

To me, any vehicle that should not be on the street is not a street car. So something caged should no longer be driven without a helmet, exhaust so loud it can permanently damage hearing, shouldn't be driven, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online