Street Outlaws

sn95jones

Reaction score
Show is great but unfortunately is extremely staged. My high school buddy in Oklahoma knows everyone on the show and has even said the show has gone from being a legitimate street racing group to just a bunch of people who have gotten rich from tv ratings. In the show they have to act like that the money they lose is like a huge loss when in reality it hardly even put a ding in their wallets. When they race they have the streets shut down by city officials with paramedics on the side in the event an accident happens. The test runs are also staged and yes the cops who show up are staged to show up as well. Show isn't what it use to be. Just like Fast N' Loud I use to envy Richard Rawlings and now is a complete sellout to Dodge and all he ever posts on Facebook anymore is mostly related to Dodge and if it isn't he's talking trash on some other car brand. TV will ruin your street cred over time. Eventually these guys fame will take a dive, their show will be canceled and will be forgotten.
Richard Rawlings is making a perfect example of that already, the many fans he once had is quickly turning into enemies.

castine917

Reaction score
OP
OP
mustangmurley

mustangmurley

Reaction score

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yea...I could maybe see the yellow mustang, perhaps even the nova, but the rest are so far from street car.

TTSaleen

Reaction score
I love watching this show.
While alot of it is scripted, it's at least a show about cars, racing, and shit talking.
Where else are you gonna find that?

I watch it like most movies/TV shows, clearly for entertainment.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
like I said earlier if I did a list it would have the rule you have to drive the car there. street cars have lights and are legal and obviously the new crow does not.

RichV

Reaction score
I don't think driving it there would be a requirement for me. I'm at various race tracks quite a bit, and race cars break and crash. A lot of times they go home on a trailer because they couldn't by their own power.

I do think rules would put a damper on the list getting out of hand. All they'd have to do is 1 rule, "any competitor can buy your car for $10,000". Lol, or something like that.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
going home on a trailer and showing up on one are two entirely different things. I would expect one or two to need one to go home but I think the term "street" is just basically for show anymore.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Buddy of mine here in Louisville had a chevelle known as "slowmotion". Pretty much no one around would even think of racing him anymore cause they knew they didn't have a chance. He could wheelie stand it all night and he could run it down the street as consistently as daddy Dave.

His car was a true street car. Still had a radio and lights and he always drive it to and from the races.

He finally sold the car cause of the lack of people who would try anymore. Now he's building an old charger.

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
These guys don't claim to have street legal cars, but they are street racers, as in racing on the street not track.

I personally think street racing should be for street drivable cars but there is such a huge variance on what is street legal state to state. What is legal in Texas would be impounded in 30 seconds in California.

I like the show for entertainment and cars.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
We need to find someone to show up with a top fuel dragster/funny car to troll them. Open up the trailer and roll that ***** out on the street. Check out my street car fellas fellas who wants to race?

RedTwilight

Reaction score
We need to find someone to show up with a top fuel dragster/funny car to troll them. Open up the trailer and roll that ***** out on the street. Check out my street car fellas fellas who wants to race?

That would be cool to see! But HIGHLY expensive! With what it costs to make just one pass; the $1000.00 bets would even be enough to cover the fuel and tire costs.

OP
OP
mustangmurley

mustangmurley

Reaction score

They race a couple funny car's in the latest season. Even with 4000 hp still have to get it to the ground without knocking the tires off it.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Top fuel and funny cars are actually in the 7,000 hp range but either way you'd never get them to stick to the street.

RedTwilight

Reaction score
Top fuel and funny cars are actually in the 7,000 hp range but either way you'd never get them to stick to the street.

Actually they are closer to 10,000 hp now days!
They could cover the 1/8 mile smoking the tires the entire way down and still outrun my car by train lengths! LOL
On a prepped track Top Fuel cover the 1/8 mile in the very low 3 second zone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online