Street Outlaws

mustangmurley

Reaction score
So I've been watching the Street Outlaws show for quite awhile now and not only do I enjoy the show its great for racing knowledge too. I was just curious if any of you guys follow the show and what you thought of this seasons cash days finale. I also recently researched "Daddy Dave's" Goliath and found that he is rebuilding another Nova and is naming it Goliath 2.0 there's a 50 second video of them building the car back to race ready on youtube it's pretty interesting. I was also looking at "Big Chielf's" new CrowMod and in my opinion I hate the looks of it, but from the sounds of it with it being 1000 lbs lighter and he's going to be using the same set up plus NOS I'm sure he'll finally be able to drag Kye Kelly down the street and back. A guy I work with was down in Indy this week for the PRI event and got to see him and his new car. If I talk to him today I'll see if I can get some pictures... Looking forward to your guys thoughts.

RedTwilight

Reaction score
I enjoy watching the show. Some of it is scripted but the racing itself is real. Although I'm not too sure about some of the fishing expeditions by Fartruck and AZN.

Don't get me wrong, Farm truck is my favorite on the show. Been following that truck for years as it deceptively blew the doors off other vehicles it raced. But with how big the show has gotten and the internet videos going way, way back years before the show; it's hard to believe that the Farmtruck is not known more on the streets as the show depicts. So I do believe some of the fishing is staged. I'd like to see some carbon or fiberglass body panels on that truck. Something to lighten it up more. Then again I'd like to see that hearse turned into a list taker as well!

There have been 3 on the list that have wrecked this year. Daddy Dave in Goliath. Boosted in his Cobra. And Big Chief in The Crow. Of course now all 3 are back together and running again in one way or the other.
Goliath 2.0 is gonna be wicked!
The Cromod is just going to be plain out INSANE. Though it does look a bit off. Looks like they used the body of a '69 pro mod Camaro and just put a GTO front clip on it.
Pro mods are probably going to be more common now in these type of races. We all new it was going to go that way sooner or later.

OP
OP
mustangmurley

mustangmurley

Reaction score
I enjoy watching the show. Some of it is scripted but the racing itself is real. Although I'm not too sure about some of the fishing expeditions by Fartruck and AZN.

Don't get me wrong, Farm truck is my favorite on the show. Been following that truck for years as it deceptively blew the doors off other vehicles it raced. But with how big the show has gotten and the internet videos going way, way back years before the show; it's hard to believe that the Farmtruck is not known more on the streets as the show depicts. So I do believe some of the fishing is staged. I'd like to see some carbon or fiberglass body panels on that truck. Something to lighten it up more. Then again I'd like to see that hearse turned into a list taker as well!

There have been 3 on the list that have wrecked this year. Daddy Dave in Goliath. Boosted in his Cobra. And Big Chief in The Crow. Of course now all 3 are back together and running again in one way or the other.
Goliath 2.0 is gonna be wicked!
The Cromod is just going to be plain out INSANE. Though it does look a bit off. Looks like they used the body of a '69 pro mod Camaro and just put a GTO front clip on it.
Pro mods are probably going to be more common now in these type of races. We all new it was going to go that way sooner or later.

The show is scripted for sure, I read somewhere that chief is friends with some of the cops in the area so I'm sure they stage the cops on the test hits. Farm truck and AZN are also one of my favorite they are something else with some of the stuff they come up with gotta love the sleeper truck. Although as you said the show has grown to become quite popular and I would think its safe to assume that most know about the farm truck especially in OKC, but it's still funny to watch him smoke some of those guys who are extremely over confident confident they'll beat him esp in the earlier seasons.

As for chiefs car the long nose is the part I don't like it just doesn't look much like a street car, but I believe its a firebird and only like 2300lbs. I was watching a video of him down at the PRI in Indianapolis a couple hours south of me this past weekend and he was saying he was pressing the decals on the side of the car and it started rolling haha. If I didn't have to take an exam for school I would have been down there.

OP
OP
mustangmurley

mustangmurley

Reaction score
I'll have the guy I work with send me some pictures of their cars from down at PRI this weekend and post them up. He got a few good ones of Boosted GT's engine.

98snakehorse

Reaction score
I stay pretty up to date on the show. Soon enough its going to be nothing but Promods racing on the street. There cool cars just enjoyed watching the more "street" cars doing the racing.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
[MENTION=20820]mustangmurley[/MENTION] where are you from?!? Do you live up by deeplist?!?

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
seems like in almost any reality tv show the first year is a little more realistic where it looks like they just kind of go with things and make a plot after the fact. After that it all seems so set up the way an idea is introduced and then just happens later. Not sure what to think about the races as some of them seem so staged with one car taking off 2-3 seconds late. I think a lot of them are real and they let the winner win and I don't think any of them would plan on crashing but its not too hard to tell the fake races(farmtruck and azn) and all the staged stuff if you watch enough.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't watched it, but I bet they get a pretty healthy chunk of change for each episode, which makes building those cars a lot easier :)

Wichers123

Reaction score
The racing is 100% legit but who they race now is picked to make sure they can beat. They didn't believe that kye Kelly would beat them and he showed them differently. Kye is a big name here in south Louisiana cause he does come to the pad. Also Tina in the s10 wrecked this year here in Louisiana also.

They are not street racing at home it's at a airport, yes it's a unprepped surface but they do not have the cops to worry about. When they come to the pad they block the whole street for like three days and prep the shit out of road trying to make their cars hook. Let's just say after that's over with, the street hooks for weeks after for 10-11second cars. They definitely put the shit down.

RedTwilight

Reaction score
I haven't watched it, but I bet they get a pretty healthy chunk of change for each episode, which makes building those cars a lot easier :)

They actually don't get a lot of money from the show itself. Most of the money they do get is from merchandise, sponsors, and exhibitions at tracks.
Several of the guy such as Boosted, Murder Nova, Big Chief, Doc, and Daddy Dave are/were regulars over on yellowbullet . They themselves have mentioned were they went just about broke or worse trying to get the cars repaired in time for filming several times.

RichV

Reaction score
We watch the show as well, since the 1st season. It's entertaining, you can tell a lot of the emotions are 100% real in the race/callout portions. The clowning is surely scripted IMO.

I was a little surprised at the Crowmod as well. If they're not street cars, I'm failing to see a point to the list. If I roll up in a top-fuel, could I compete?

The Crowmod will change the list forever. It's like everyone shooting with a Musket, and someone comes in with a automatic AR15. So you either get an AR15, or die. period. I honestly didn't think Chief would be the guy to do this, but I think he's hell bent on beating Kye and doesn't see what this will affect.

RichV

Reaction score
Found this a while back, throwback. All of them look so young.

[video=youtube;1uTlT8E4aD8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uTlT8E4aD8[/video]

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I watch it for what it is. Cool cars and a good laugh!!!

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Just saw boosted's new car...... yep not a promod but a backhalf now

1606230_10153407080529405_4713614995703431908_o.jpg

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
So this was the prototype cast before discovery. Interesting that you think these guys just magically appeared on the show but the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
honestly I think if I were to do a local list rule #1 would be anyone that shows up with their street car in a trailer would be booted. I can understand they need parts/tools but it just seems funny to me to have their trailers pull all the street cars to the race.

If they are smart and it looks like more then a few of them are with their hats/shirts/decals they should be getting most of their parts for free now if not getting paid to rep them. I saw that crap where chief said he paid for everything on his car. I do not believe it.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online