stupid questions about your car

jojo22

Reaction score
got5.0 said:
Inspector13 said:
Bouttime09 said:
I'm not a violent person, but sometimes I just wanna slap people...in the face.

Screw that. I'd much rather stab them in the neck with a ball point pen.
+1! Especially prius drivers

Not always, the wifes Grandfather drives a Prius ad loves my Stang.

Sinned83

Reaction score
wow Im outside a local auto store when I seen a dude approching me. I immediatly thought of this thread cause he looked like such a RE RE and I knew he was gonna say something stupid. man- "that must be a 5.0 cause it doesnt say 4.6 on the badge on the side". I said "your right its a 94". man- "Well if you get a k&n and one of those tornado things you put inside it you will pick up around 70hp". I just smiled and drove away.

MikeyEl

Reaction score
mustangshane said:
I know, but it is more commonly accepted as a 5.0L. Also this was pulled from a 1999 truck with a 4.6L.
might have been a swap engine

MikeyEl

Reaction score
oh also "do you think it could beat [insert name]'s [insert FWD jap car]?

mike97gt

Reaction score
i was driving this girl to work one morning (friends friend) and she asked if my car was a diesel. i laughed at her and said no. then she said it was loud. then i had to explain about my exhaust. haha

atlanticblue98

Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
I also had a kid that swore up and down that his moms 6 speed civic SI would beat my mustang....I tried explaining to him that I would have pulled 10 cars on the civic BEFORE I put a supercharger on my car and added 150 hp......

I would probably pull 10 busses on that civic...

i smoked the shit out of this kid in a Civic Si (sedan, 6-speed, etc.) with the 4.0

he tried a ricer fly by and i punch it when he got next to me and i just pulled away. i was very surprised because i honestly thought they were quicker. the car wasnt riced out either, driver was just a douchebag.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
Theres this huge misconception that auto cars are all slow...even though most drag cars are auto

...except all of the FASTEST drag cars!

*runs and hides*

RockstarMentality

Reaction score
atlanticblue98 said:
i smoked the **** out of this kid in a Civic Si (sedan, 6-speed, etc.) with the 4.0

he tried a ricer fly by and i punch it when he got next to me and i just pulled away. i was very surprised because i honestly thought they were quicker. the car wasnt riced out either, driver was just a douchebag.
this kid that used to be in my auto class was always talkin bout how fast his non turbo, auto, chunk of rice eclipse was. i wish i had pics of this thing, cuz words cannot describe. So one day im drivin home from class and im at a red light behind him and another kid, who drove his moms minivan that day. the light turns green and they both hit it. the minivan not just beat, but walked on the eclipse. it was hilarious. shut him up for a while

Slykin

Reaction score
My friend keeps asking me if I think my car could walk all over his 4.6L 2005? F-150 extended cab... I sure as heck hope so lol.

S

silver 4.6

Slykin said:
My friend keeps asking me if I think my car could walk all over his 4.6L 2005? F-150 extended cab... I sure as heck hope so lol.

lord, dont talk about it if you get stomped lol.

Slykin

Reaction score
silver 4.6 said:
Slykin said:

lord, dont talk about it if you get stomped lol.

I wouldn't get stomped, i've ridden in the thing before. It's slow as dirt, my dad's 3500 Dodge Diesel Dually 4x4 is faster I think.

1996mustangGT

Reaction score
X 174659.99 billion on the `if you dont know what the hell your talking about to shut your trap`. I`ve learned so much more just sitting and listening/reading

98green5.4

Reaction score
Some guy at the red light today came up next to me saying he liked my exhaust, and then made some loud imitation of the way it sounded. He started laughing and sayin yeah loud like he was on crack. i was just like... yeah man, it does sound good. hahaa. later on i laughed pretty good.

Reaction score
Slykin said:

F150s are fast! I have a 2006 5.4L Extended cab. That thing pulls 18s all day in the quarter! My dad has a 2001 F350 Crew Cab Long Bed 4x4 with the 7.3L. It weights 4 tons. It is stock except for a muffler delete and 33" tires. It would eat my truck alive and spit it out. sigh...

My wife's old boss thought he could take me in his 2007 Titan Extended Cab 4x2 vs. my 1999 Cobra vert. He was dead serious too... Too bad we never had the chance to race though...

Slykin

Reaction score
stanger_missle said:
Slykin said:

F150s are fast! I have a 2006 5.4L Extended cab. That thing pulls 18s all day in the quarter! My dad has a 2001 F350 Crew Cab Long Bed 4x4 with the 7.3L. It weights 4 tons. It is stock except for a muffler delete and 33" tires. It would eat my truck alive and spit it out. sigh...

My wife's old boss thought he could take me in his 2007 Titan Extended Cab 4x2 vs. my 1999 Cobra vert. He was dead serious too... Too bad we never had the chance to race though...

Yeah, lots of people around my area are like that. It's not that I don't like lifted pickups and all that stuff... I like pickups more than cars and my biggest driving enjoyment is pulling heavy equipment. But, pickups are NOT fast and aren't meant to be fast. Goofy people.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Paul said:
justinschmidt1 said:
Theres this huge misconception that auto cars are all slow...even though most drag cars are auto

...except all of the FASTEST drag cars!

*runs and hides*

hahaha, yea yea.....I love manual cars, im just saying that I hate people that know nothing about cars and think they do.

It seems like you have to be like jesus behind the wheel to run near the times a stalled auto will pull assuming you actually have a powerful car capable of running 9/10/11s.

some of the 03/04 cobra guys pick up 1-1.5 seconds when they swap from theyre 6 speeds to stalled autos...

like low 11s to low 10s/high 9s haha

got5.0

Reaction score
So me and my dad were at a car show with THE HOOD OPEN a and a vehicle identification thingy on the windshield which said "1994 mustang gt 5.0L (302 ci)" A guy behind us witha 96 stock gt comes up to me as I was cleaning the bumper and he said "nice man, thats my stang right behind you" me: "cool, is it a 5-speed?" him: "yup its a 4.6 too. yours is clean, is yours a 4.6 too?" me: "nope, its my dad's 5.0L." him: "oh"
Its funny how the guy didn't know the difference between the appearance of the engine of the 5.0's and 4.6's, the taillights, and the tag on the windshield lol

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
not on my car, but this contractor that comes in keeps telling me he has a ford GT a 1968 shelby gt and 2 enormous rv's (rv's have been verified). He tells me that the first ford gt he had got t-boned when he pulled out of the dealership. But this one hes telling me its got a 6.0L NA V8 with a 5 speed. I then had proceeded to tell him how full of shit he was and told him it was a supercharged dohc 5.4L 6 speed HOSS. His reply was "im not a car guy, i just know it has 500hp." And for some reason he wont bring it for me to see.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online