Svo supercharger

mickey

Reaction score
So I found a svo supercharger for sale in my area but it looks like it has been sitting outside. Now my question, if the blower is found to be junk can u get a m112 off a cobra and just bolt it on to the bottom. A side question if the supercharger is good can you use smaller pulleys designed for the cobra blower on a svo supercharger? If someone can point me in a direction to help me learn more about these superchargers, that's would be greatly appreciate.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
No I don't think you would be able to use the Cobra eaton as a replacement or even the parts.

The SVO/Roush/FRPP Supercharger has pullies available from ASP and Pulley Boys etc and they are also different from the Cobra.

07GtS197

Reaction score
You can use smaller pulleys for the svo blower but theyre not the most efficient blowers so youll be limited and you might have to use meth to make decent numbers. Also the m112 is not a direct bolt on but someone makes adaptors for them to bolt onto a 2v.

OP
OP
M

mickey

Reaction score
Good info thanks everyone. from what I read the svo isn't the best choice of power adder but if i can get it for the right price i think it will be worth it.

MANTISCZ98GT

Reaction score
So I found a svo supercharger for sale in my area but it looks like it has been sitting outside. Now my question, if the blower is found to be junk can u get a m112 off a cobra and just bolt it on to the bottom. A side question if the supercharger is good can you use smaller pulleys designed for the cobra blower on a svo supercharger? If someone can point me in a direction to help me learn more about these superchargers, that's would be greatly appreciate.

Hey mickey, did you decide to go with the SVO? I have one NIB and looking to install hopefully soon...Have been doing a great deal of research on the forums/online/calling etc. and have found out quite a bit...

Thomas_W

Reaction score
Hey mickey, did you decide to go with the SVO? I have one NIB and looking to install hopefully soon...Have been doing a great deal of research on the forums/online/calling etc. and have found out quite a bit...

My last car made 410rwhp on a SVO w/ a 6psi pulley. Granted it was a PI motor w/ crower stage 2 S/C cams and full exhaust.

It also was a motor killer. I went through 2 motors in about a year. My guess was the lack of an intercooler was the problem as well as the SVO supplied computer tune (during random weather events) it would run like CRAP for a day or two, then run perfectly fine for weeks, then the exact opposite weather it ran bad in the last time, it would run like crap again. It was odd and frustrating. A dyno tune made it better, but it still did it occassionally.

OP
OP
M

mickey

Reaction score
I dragged my feet and the ad disappear, I've keep my eye out for one but they're pretty rare. now I'm leaning toward the Tork tech kit, intercooled and room to grow. I change my mind on a regular basis, turbo, nitrous, centrifugal, PD.....I really just need to commit.

Reaction score
BUY IT ALREADY YOU LUCKY B!!!! i would pick one up in a heart beat. i love that supercharger and it made driving my step dads car a blast. i wish we still had that car, or that at least we took off the supercharger. it had the svo moniker on it too

Thomas_W

Reaction score
I dragged my feet and the ad disappear, I've keep my eye out for one but they're pretty rare. now I'm leaning toward the Tork tech kit, intercooled and room to grow. I change my mind on a regular basis, turbo, nitrous, centrifugal, PD.....I really just need to commit.

TURBO TURBO TURBO!

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I agree, Turbo!

If you are starting fresh go with a Turbo. I know finances are always a factor though.
[MENTION=9106]Thomas_W[/MENTION] is correct about the computer that came with the SVO kit, it is junk!
They are hard to tune and make life difficult. Much easier to just keep stock ECU in place and tune that, although the chances you will find an SVO blower with the install kit (that includes the new ecu) is almost 0%.

OP
OP
M

mickey

Reaction score
Turbos beat superchargers pretty much every time, I know but there is something about a PD blower, can't explain it just have to have it. I've never had one so maybe it's one of those things to try it and regret it, lol. But I can never make up my mind. I want to build the motor before I put boost to it. But funds are low at the moment so right now I'm just having fun cruising around.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
PD blower torque makes for a super fun driving car! Gotta love that torque!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online