Stock vs Aftermarket

GEDC0318.jpg

FInished!
GEDC0319.jpg

Sadly I didn't get the fronts done since I ran out of daylight :(

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Nice work! Can't wait to see it done. Mine should be done in a few weeks if I ever get around to buying the rest of the parts!

WMM FTW!!

Cobracarlo

Reaction score
Nice looking car man. Its going to look awesome when its done. Im in the middle of a 6 month project myself on my 98 cobra.

OP
OP
T-5 Killer

T-5 Killer

Reaction score
Sadly she has been on the back burner for a while. I have a little one on the way so it will be till summer at least before I turn some more wrenches.

Mrstangerbanger

Reaction score
Dude I would just buy a used short block with low miles and get this car going ?? Keep the car running and driving buy a used good short block off craigslist install your cam,heads,intake ect and install the blower and go for it >??

Your going to need drag radials,trans because you T5 wont hold for long and some tuning equipment and its play time..If you have any questions hit me up

OP
OP
T-5 Killer

T-5 Killer

Reaction score
^Thats the plan hence why I want to sell my vortech that money could be put back into the car to get a rebuilt shortblock with my heads and cam in it.

Mrstangerbanger

Reaction score
^Thats the plan hence why I want to sell my vortech that money could be put back into the car to get a rebuilt shortblock with my heads and cam in it.

I have done it both and I would have went with vortech before H/C/I .. Also dont rebuild shit its not worth the money ...Get a used Stock low mile short block and run boost and H/C/I .. You can get a cheap motor for 300 to 500 dollars all day with super super low miles plus u will want a dart block down the road anyway.. Friend is making 385rwhp with stock long block 95 motor with 12 psi on vortech .. With H/C/I you wont even make 300rwhp ..

Trust me its not worth spending money on buying or paying to build a stock 302 block just buy used and with just H/C/I it will last .. But its your money

OP
OP
T-5 Killer

T-5 Killer

Reaction score
Low mileage shortblocks for a few hundred? I have yet to see anything local like that for sale. I plan on doing all but the machine work my self I have rebuilt tons of motors including a few roller and non roller windsors.

OP
OP
T-5 Killer

T-5 Killer

Reaction score
I have done it both and I would have went with vortech before H/C/I .. Also dont rebuild shit its not worth the money ...Get a used Stock low mile short block and run boost and H/C/I .. You can get a cheap motor for 300 to 500 dollars all day with super super low miles plus u will want a dart block down the road anyway.. Friend is making 385rwhp with stock long block 95 motor with 12 psi on vortech .. With H/C/I you wont even make 300rwhp ..

Trust me its not worth spending money on buying or paying to build a stock 302 block just buy used and with just H/C/I it will last .. But its your money

To be honest I have been doing alot of thinking about it and your right the Vortec is the better way to go. Thanks for the advice.

OP
OP
T-5 Killer

T-5 Killer

Reaction score
Huge changes on this project. I had a son and with that decided to sell the heads cam and vortech.
I am looking at just making a mild fun DD for it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online