The Monkey's house build thread

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Working on some stuff to have a worthwhile update! Been really busy lately with work!

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Give us a good chase story or something too!!!!!

Bow ties bow ties, whatcha gonna do!! Whatcha gonna do when monkey comes for you!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Be glad you don’t have all of this to sort through..........
475a0ed6941c8387a6a1dd62e7cbf790.jpg
afbe3d428e7302006397272152cfa5e2.jpg
711867c3c89c82dd232ada06b037c2e5.jpg
a0677b0d30613508e0d9553581ddeb36.jpg

Keep it all simple or the monster can grow out of control quick!!!!! Lol

That stuff makes me smile. Its a lot but some much easier to do with no dry wall. Not sure, is this your place and did you post up a build thread of your house?

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That stuff makes me smile. Its a lot but some much easier to do with no dry wall. Not sure, is this your place and did you post up a build thread of your house?

Yeah it’s my new house. I thought I started a build for it but can’t remember. Ill look later and see if I can find and update it.

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Give us a good chase story or something too!!!!!

Bow ties bow ties, whatcha gonna do!! Whatcha gonna do when monkey comes for you!

Speaking of work, I finally got a nice blue oval vehicle :)

yea monkey why not post some build pics of the house somewhere?

Working on it!

Looking forward on seeing the updates!

Appreciate it. Here is a small one:

Alright, I have a few small updates, still working on a few bigger things.

First, something very menial was getting the guest bathroom a bit more up to speed. This old shower head had to go:

In favor of one of these:

Like most things the previous owner mounted, this towel rack was pulling out of the wall since day one, so:

Here it is removed, one of the mounting brackets installed, and I had to do some spackle/paint. Since it was just a touch up you can tell but it is not too bad. Luckily the only time you can see it is when you’re on the pot.

Next, this bottle opener has been sitting around since August, we bought it on vacation. It says:

Woman: “You never listen to me, you only hear what you want to hear.”
Man: “Sure, I’ll have another beer.”

Finally got around to mounting it, I think it’s funny!

38997366905_1967c08921_z.jpg

We’ve had this car model sitting around for a couple years, along with the decals to do it up, so I finally took on the task:

Finally cut out the foam on this thing! There’s “more to come” still on that.

Next is what I have been working on the past couple days, and the reason I am very sunburned right now:

This is the fence between me and the house behind me.

Behind the dilapidated fence there was also a small chain link fence that I had to pull out. It was cemented, but luckily not very well. Next to it is a bougainvillea plant. If anyone has ever dealt with one, you know my pain. Monstrously thorny, and of course, vine like. This plant is not mine, or I would have completely gotten rid of it, like I did the one I had right when I moved in. But some trimming took care of it.

On our first day, this is about how far we got. Be reminded there were some 15 trees of mine in that corner, plus all of the neighbors’ trees. It was root city back there. The side yard should be much quicker.

End of day one, I made a little fire with a bunch of the old fence and some of that plant.

Today, we finished up the back section:

We typically shy away from cementing in posts around here, but because I plan to have a healthy sized gate between my neighbor and I, we cemented a 6x6x8 into the ground for a good sturdy anchor. I think a crane would have to remove the thing.

Then, I burned up all that was left of the old fence, and whatever other debris.

The plan is to build a small deck in the back for the new shed. I am also planning on building a back porch deck. The boss says she is going to handle the front yard, so we will have to see what she comes up with!

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Just went through your whole thread. I haven't been around the forum as much as I used too so I am missing a lot..

first off, CONGRATULATIONS!

Second, you are really getting me excited for my first house too (we are looking).

I love all the work you guys done to improve on it! Its also cool that you made a thread (going to steal your idea). First time buyers don't know what they get themselves into when purchasing a house, and its cool that you are showing that!

CONGRATS Lady and Gent!

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Believe me, there's PLENTY for you to do in your first year at the very least, but i think this will keep me occupied and broke longer than that!

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Nice work on the back yard. The bougainvillea also have poisonous thorns, so the pain sticks with you a little longer..

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
[MENTION=10997]g36 monkey[/MENTION]

Put the donuts and coffee down and give us some updates!!! ;-)

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Haha! I did get the gate built, but I need to finish the gate on the other side. Want to get a more worthwhile update! I have been GOA a bit though. Super busy lately!

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I’m an army brat. AWOL is what if if known better. Lol

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Alright so here’s a little update. My dad and I built a service gate on the right side of the house. It was kind of a pain because of the steep grade between my neighbor and I, so I had to do quite a bit of earth moving. But here are some pics:

I’m just trying to show the grade in that pic.

So, here is my dad helping me take care of business. We built the two halves out of 2x4, and yes, we built them exactly different on accident. Luckily the pickets will take care of it. We used three hinges on each side to help mitigate some of the weight.

The gate all put together. Really excited to finally have the yard boxed in!

This weekend I decided to snatch the hedges out of the front. It looks much better, I hate hedges. We built a quick border out of spare 4x4s, but it may change in the future. I just wanted to have a proof of concept. Anyhow:

Hedges are gone!

I did hang some shelves in the garage but no pics just yet. Thanks for looking guys. I still need to build a new gate on the other side, but it should not be as much of a process.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online