TheOdessa Build List with Pics

OP
OP
TheOdessa

TheOdessa

Reaction score
Hows the fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No issues at all. Here's a pic if that helps. The clips on top are Morimoto clips but that's to help keep the lense on securely because of the retrofit.

mT8JYq.jpg

OP
OP
TheOdessa

TheOdessa

Reaction score
Ah shit I never really thought about leaks and maintenance!

18x9/10 fill out the arches sooo nice. Currently waiting on my 18x9/10 Termi reps to show up and move away from the 17x9 square setup.

I say go for it, lol.

It's such a pain! The top itself has a different maintenance schedule then the rest of the car. Blah

Man you're really temping me. The rims/tires I have now are just so new but the 17" rims and the lip bug me and I don't know why. I feel like the NVX rims add such a modern look to the car. The black rims with polished lip just looks... cheap to me at times but other times it looks mean. AH the decisions!!!!!

Where are you getting your rims from? Which tires are you going with? One thing I HATE about my Nitto 555's is they absolutely are dangerous in the rain and living in Florida... it's not a good thing.

OP
OP
TheOdessa

TheOdessa

Reaction score
No issues at all. Here's a pic if that helps. The clips on top are Morimoto clips but that's to help keep the lense on securely because of the retrofit.

mT8JYq.jpg
Oh yeah in that Borla box is a full blown MAC Flowpath catback kit. 2.5" with 3" stainless tips. It's a catback I had on before the Borlas. Anyone in Florida want it? Would absolutely love to get it out of my garage along with a VRS O/R X pipe made for BBK long tubes and drilled/slotted GT rotors painted black from a Canadian company (not cheap chinese steel). Rotors are brand new. VRS X pipe has literally 10 miles on it and the MAC cat back has maybe 200 miles on it.

07GtS197

Reaction score

mT8JYq.jpg

I almost bought eagle eye brand ones before I got the tyc’s. They’ll be fine for now but I bought a set of stockers on ebay I’ll stash away just in case or really when the tyc’s fog up. Who did your retrofit, trs or stangaddiction from modded? I almost had him do a set for me but I didn’t have the money at the time.

OP
OP
TheOdessa

TheOdessa

Reaction score
I almost bought eagle eye brand ones before I got the tyc’s. They’ll be fine for now but I bought a set of stockers on ebay I’ll stash away just in case or really when the tyc’s fog up. Who did your retrofit, trs or stangaddiction from modded? I almost had him do a set for me but I didn’t have the money at the time.

I actually did it myself from parts from TRS. Word of advice - don't run Morimoto HID bulbs. Talk about CRAP. Xenon Depot bulbs were so much better and came highly recommended from guys on HIDplanet. I wish I didn't do the ballasts from Morimoto as well but hey, live and learn. Way overpriced.

The Eagle Eye brand was the only one I found to have both vertical and horizontal adjustments. Since I am working with projectors this was crucial to make up for error if the projectors were fit exactly flush to the rear of the stock headlight reflector bowl.

On the bowl itself, I did remove the stock chrome paint, scuffed it up with sandpaper to allow the paint to adhere and painted it with semi-gloss high temp paint. I wanted a clean look without full gloss paint to cause glaring of the beam.

Oh and the Morimoto Ho1ders are worth it on the 7.0 H1 minis. Really secures the bulb and forces it to sit flush versus that crap thin wire clip they come with.

07GtS197

Reaction score
I actually did it myself from parts from TRS. Word of advice - don't run Morimoto HID bulbs. Talk about CRAP. Xenon Depot bulbs were so much better and came highly recommended from guys on HIDplanet. I wish I didn't do the ballasts from Morimoto as well but hey, live and learn. Way overpriced.

The Eagle Eye brand was the only one I found to have both vertical and horizontal adjustments. Since I am working with projectors this was crucial to make up for error if the projectors were fit exactly flush to the rear of the stock headlight reflector bowl.

On the bowl itself, I did remove the stock chrome paint, scuffed it up with sandpaper to allow the paint to adhere and painted it with semi-gloss high temp paint. I wanted a clean look without full gloss paint to cause glaring of the beam.

Oh and the Morimoto Ho1ders are worth it on the 7.0 H1 minis. Really secures the bulb and forces it to sit flush versus that crap thin wire clip they come with.

Good to know, I’ll eventually go that route when I have the time and energy.

OP
OP
TheOdessa

TheOdessa

Reaction score
Good to know, I’ll eventually go that route when I have the time and energy.

Don’t forget patience. It was a pain making sure that projector was perfectly horizontally aligned. Projectors give no mercy for error. It can be done just take your time before fully locking that projector nut down. They are made to not come off easily once fully seated.

07GtS197

Reaction score
Don’t forget patience. It was a pain making sure that projector was perfectly horizontally aligned. Projectors give no mercy for error. It can be done just take your time before fully locking that projector nut down. They are made to not come off easily once fully seated.

Thanks for the advice!

I don’t know if its because I never saw the pics of your car on modded or what but damn it looks really good. I miss my old black 00 gt. Sure my 02 is nice but the interior needs work and the paint isn’t perfect. Yours looks mint.

50HSN95

Reaction score
Very nice ride! Some tasteful mods, like the LED fog light set up also. I want to do something similar with my 94 and stock GT bumper with LED's off of a newer Charger.

OP
OP
TheOdessa

TheOdessa

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice!

I don’t know if its because I never saw the pics of your car on modded or what but damn it looks really good. I miss my old black 00 gt. Sure my 02 is nice but the interior needs work and the paint isn’t perfect. Yours looks mint.

Thanks I do appreciate it! It's nothing near mint but I truly try to keep it as clean as possible. 20 year old black paint in Florida can be a pain. It helps she's garaged though and I clean it often and obviously add protective layers like wax and UV for the top, dash, ect.

I never really posted pics in the past. I was always about the technical talk and boy did I adsorb a lot over the years.

OP
OP
TheOdessa

TheOdessa

Reaction score
Very nice ride! Some tasteful mods, like the LED fog light set up also. I want to do something similar with my 94 and stock GT bumper with LED's off of a newer Charger.

Thanks! A custom bracket can be made out of anything really but plexiglass is cheap, cuts easily with a metal bit and a jig saw, and really allows you to retrofit anything you want. With a 4 screw mount of the Cobra fog light it makes it even easier.

When I had my GT bumper on my 01 I just got clear fogs with LED bulbs installed. It had the look but not much function which is why I did a LED projector this time.

OP
OP
TheOdessa

TheOdessa

Reaction score
With work being absolutely insane because of the industry I'm in and what's going on I haven't had enough time to spend on my car as I originally thought. I had a week or two or low time then it ramped up big time.

With that said last night I was in the garage late and wanted to post a few pics to answer questions I had originally. I read posts about if 17" FR500's will clear Cobra Brakes and Rotors. Answer - they will. Barely but they do. It really fills out the rim versus stock.

EQQvsc.jpg

TjCU0E.jpg

The rear I kept the GT rotor with GT caliper. Added J&M stainless braided lines and HAWK HPS 5.0 pads. Also in the picture is Koni STR.T shocks, piping from the Borla Stingers, BBK Grabber LCA, and Steeda Sport springs. You can see the Geomet coating on the rotor resists rusts very well over time.
bmRpA6.jpg

OP
OP
TheOdessa

TheOdessa

Reaction score
I know this next picture is a small detail but I feel like it's over looked - well it was by me atleast. Prior to meets and shows I'll detail the entire car, even under the hood, but I never detailed the hood liner. I didn't realize it til I saw a video from Chris Fix about it. It seriously makes a huge difference. I cleaned the liner with a pressure washer and upholstery cleaner then laid 3 coats of black upholstery paint. This was about 4 months ago. It looks new and really makes under the hood look finished. I sprayed the plastic tabs as well to give it a uniform look. In this picture is the SR performance strut tower brace and Airaid intake. I had a BBK clone intake from AM and never again. I hit a big puddle driving down the road and since Florida rains are brutal my car sucked some up because how low the car sits and the in-fender filter. I got this intake for a steal off an Amazon Warehouse deal because I couldn't bring myself to spending the new price on an intake. This is also how I got my Stingers so cheap.

uKCNTC.jpg

joe65

Reaction score
like your car! really clean! My favorite Mustangs are clean a simple.
Oh and i'm completely on board with rotors that don't rust.

OP
OP
TheOdessa

TheOdessa

Reaction score
like your car! really clean! My favorite Mustangs are clean a simple.
Oh and i'm completely on board with rotors that don't rust.
I appreciate it. I don't like overdone cars. I try to keep it clean as possible while keeping the majority of the mods performance. The most extreme visual mod I did was racing seats but that's because the leather was beat up and in Florida I hate leather anyway.

I had 2 pairs of zinc coated rotors and a rotor that was painted black. They all rusted within months and it drove me absolutely insane. When I discovered geomet coating and put it through the test, I fell in love.

Sure drilled and slotted doesn't do much but it's a street cruiser. Next go around I'll probably just do slotted.

OP
OP
TheOdessa

TheOdessa

Reaction score

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think its overdone at all. I just think it isn't finished yet LOL

Is it done yet?

Nah it’s in a million pieces. I went overboard with selling off parts and tearing it down cause I thought I’d be ready to purchase everything and reassemble in a decent amount of time.

Between unforeseen circumstances and many major changes in life it hit the back burner. I was planning on getting it back together this year till covid hit. I gotta wait and see how this all plays out and how my business does over the next few months. If it isn’t one thing it’s another.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online