For Sale Thinking about selling 96 gt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
28DD1FE8-7F3E-46A8-AAE3-5048C90902B6.jpeg CB282497-C356-485A-BB06-2BB0323A5D15.jpeg 7675A676-9248-4A80-B74B-DA1CFC31F8DA.jpeg B091F24F-02D7-419A-BE89-F54E0824DCB8.jpeg A1222CC8-CA87-4426-996B-D8A83C760DE9.jpeg 15FF7F60-8306-47B3-928F-5EF367FAB3DB.jpeg BF5FAA36-7992-48E1-94D3-1BF94048250A.jpeg A0150312-04E0-4A57-9E5D-FB4001ED8A99.jpeg 6A18B443-7245-449C-BBEA-16531F5B64A1.jpeg 87B032F0-6C48-42E7-9311-B56E62089C29.jpeg I haven’t driven my car much lately and I feel like it may be time to let it go. My wife’s dad passed away earlier this year and I feel more passionate making room to restore his “seasoned” Buick Grand National than I to hang onto this car.

Black 1996 Mustang Gt (NPI) 166,000 miles

Exterior:
-Cobra hood & bumpers
-Saleen rear spoiler
-17” gt wheels currently on car
-extra set of 18” terminator wheels painted bronze
-Depo corner lights, cobra headlights, envoy fogs
-1.5” drop springs

Interior:
-V6 black front & rear seats
-converted to all black interior & carpet
-kenwood touch screen double din stereo with Bluetooth & apple play
-boost gauge & AEM wideband
-10” subwoofer with 1000w amp in trunk

Drivetrain:
-Stock block & internals 4.6 2v
-FRPP 42# injectors
-Walbro 255lph fuel pump
-Stock 3.27 rear end
-Comp cams xe262ah
-FRPP roots supercharger
-BBK off-road x pipe
-borla catback
-newer FRPP clutch, flywheel, and TOB
-SCT X4 with remote tuning done by dirtydirtyracing.com

Engine bay:
-minor wire tuck
-battery in trunk
-Scott Rod side panels
-alternator relocated to A/C location (a/c not currently hooked up but still have all the parts).

lots of other new parts over the years including full brakes, radiator & hoses, routine maintenance items for a car this old. Also have lots of extra/ stock parts that will come with the vehicle.

Not sure what a fair price would be but I’d like to get $6000 since I’ve dumped a lot more than that into it. It runs great and I have not driven it a ton since the supercharger and tune was dialed in.

Not in a rush to sell but I want to get it on the forum first because I feel like I’d be happier seeing it go to one of you guys (gals) that have helped me navigate through a lot of obstacles making it what it is today.

PinkieT

Reaction score
You put your blood, sweat, and tears (plus a lot of time and money) into getting that car where it is. Grand Nationals are very cool cars, though, I understand that it is time to move on. I hope your beast finds a good home.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Well there you go.....aint none of us gonna buy it, therefore youll keep it always. I feel like people would rather shed out $6k for a pos foxbody before they would spend that on a really nice modular sn95. With that said, the car will remain in your possession.

Im kidding! I am saddened tho. Watching you evolve the car into something great! I understand with you tho. Family and a grand national.....win win!

PinkieT

Reaction score
If you get a buyer who wants the car but doesn't want the blower, I would be interested in working a deal. I have both stock and Accufab plenums and throttle bodies, and stock and PI intakes.

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
You put your blood, sweat, and tears (plus a lot of time and money) into getting that car where it is. Grand Nationals are very cool cars, though, I understand that it is time to move on. I hope your beast finds a good home.

I’ve had a lot of fun and learned how to be patient working on these mod motors. Hopefully someone smarter than me can enjoy the Frankenstein parts pile I’ve put together.

GLWS.. Please chronicle the GN here! I love those cars.

I’m going to stick around regardless if I sell this thing. You all have seen how slow I get things done in this car but getting that GN out of the family garage (at her uncles mercy) will be even slower.

Well there you go.....aint none of us gonna buy it, therefore youll keep it always. I feel like people would rather shed out $6k for a pos foxbody before they would spend that on a really nice modular sn95. With that said, the car will remain in your possession.

Im kidding! I am saddened tho. Watching you evolve the car into something great! I understand with you tho. Family and a grand national.....win win!

You’re probably right! I only posted it here because I know everyone here is as passionately invested into their car and not looking to buy another. It won’t sell here but it’s the first step!

If you get a buyer who wants the car but doesn't want the blower, I would be interested in working a deal. I have both stock and Accufab plenums and throttle bodies, and stock and PI intakes.

I’ll keep you posted, probably won’t sell for some time but this is the first step in realizing I may need to move on. If by some chance someone wants it NA I’ll let you know

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Sold the car today. I thought I’d be more emotional about it but I think I’ve become less sensitive after seeing a few loved ones pass away in the past few years and selling my 4x4 swapped Ranger with a cracked frame (that I said I’d never part with) to a scrap yard earlier this week.

The car served me well and I had a blast with it while learning a lot, but it was time to move on and finally unchain myself from student loan debt.

The new owner was cool as hell and was ok with all the issues I fully disclosed. I’m happy for my garage space back and hope to start another build with my late father-in-laws Buick Gand National one day. Until then I’ll be lurking around these forums and hoping the new owner takes my advice on joining!

PinkieT

Reaction score
I remember when I sold my Road Runner. I had a ton of blood, sweat, and money in that car. Didn't hurt to see it go as much as I thought. I love the Mustang I bought to replace it, and hope you dig the GN as much.

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
I remember when I sold my Road Runner. I had a ton of blood, sweat, and money in that car. Didn't hurt to see it go as much as I thought. I love the Mustang I bought to replace it, and hope you dig the GN as much.

A Road Runner would be hard as hell to let go! I’m at peace because even on good days I preferred to take my Tacoma over the mustang for some reason. I think the simplicity of a stripped down standard shift 2wd ref cab truck is more satisfying than speed.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Man, I hate to see that happen. I hope the new owner does join. Pester him in to submission lol.

Definitely start a build thread on the GN. I love those things.

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Man, I hate to see that happen. I hope the new owner does join. Pester him in to submission lol.

Definitely start a build thread on the GN. I love those things.

I hope he joins but I have a feeling this car may have more personality than he bargained for. Goddamn it sounded mean standing in my driveway watching it leaving down my road though.

my mom notarized the title and even said that the car sounded great.

I paid off my student loans but immediately made an irresponsible purchase for the Taco. I’ll keep you all posted on the truck and if I ever get that Buick over here

PinkieT

Reaction score
A Road Runner would be hard as hell to let go! I’m at peace because even on good days I preferred to take my Tacoma over the mustang for some reason. I think the simplicity of a stripped down standard shift 2wd ref cab truck is more satisfying than speed.

I had owned it for over 15 years. It needed engine work and I picked the wrong shop. Every time I looked at it after that I got upset. The new owner did a full rotisserie restoration, which the car deserved. That said, if it was in the driveway again and I had a choice to drive it or the Mustang, I would pick the Mustang. The Road Runner was noisy, hot, crude, and with manual steering and brakes was a bear to drive. I like having cruise, AC, power windows/locks/seats, etc. The mustang handles much better and goes twice as far on a gallon of gas and sounds great doing it.

joe65

Reaction score
man, i missed this. sorry to see the mustang go, but life moves on and the GN will be a fun new keep you up late in the garage project. You're one of the 1st guys i had any conversation with here on the site when i joined about 1.5 years ago.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I am revisiting this thread, so please forgive me if I missed it, but did you by chance start a thread (pics & description) of the Grand National? If so, I’m what forum and what thread title?

BTW, congratulations on paying off your student loan. Felt great, right? That was quite a while ago for me, but I still remember the feeling, so big thumbs up to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online