Thread closed.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
well, how about you follow the instructions in the video I posted and pull the codes for what is wrong? There are 15-18 different err codes and only one of them is for the speed sensors. I was pretty sure that cleaning those would not make any difference because they read through inductance so it would need to have a pretty good build up of reflective crap to block the signal.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
My apologies. I didn’t watch the video but I just have. I got excited by another video on You Tube where the problem was remedied by only cleaning the sensors. Wishful thinking on my part.

I’ll try for that code and go from there per the steps taken in the video. Really good video, btw. Understandable even for a journeyman like me.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, I just separated the ABS (red) fuse box , couldn’t decipher any wires since there are only two: one black solo wire(probably the ground) and one thicker line that probably has a couple few wires heat shrunk together in it. So, I didn’t do the paper clip thing.
I turned the key to ignition. Light came on right away per usual then went off. Never came back on! Turned the motor on. Same. Snapped the fuse box back together, cycled key to ignition. Same thing: light stayed off.

I guess I’ll know for sure Wednesday when I drive it again if I lucked into a fix or not. Seems weird and unlikely, but fingers crossed!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
if sounds as if the err does not come up till your driving. Take a drive, wait for the light and then do the process. I would also check the level of the fluid at that point as I would not be surprised if it gets low after you use it a few times and just adding a little would shut it off.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Level in brake fluid reservoir is full and clean. I’ll try the rest Wednesday. Thanks, ttocs!

And yes, you’re exactly right. Occurs after driving (usually in just a short distance), so next drive will tell.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
And the gremlin remains! ABS idiot light came back on after driving a short distance. Rats!

totalchaos

Reaction score
Make sure the plug on the abs module is fully seated. My kid's car the light will come every now and then , guess from vibrations and the little metal lock that is suspose to hold it tight doesn't . I all I do is push the connector down and the light goes out.

Werecow

Reaction score
Piece of black tape over the light? Oh and btw here's a pic of a kitteh so lay off the kitteh lovers!!IMG_20200823_201020115.jpg

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am amazed we are on the 2nd page of suggestions and a couple of hours of labor into the job of cleaning the sensors and we still have not done the diagnostic myself.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ttocs,
I know, I know. Since I don’t have a voltmeter like in the video and have ZERO electrical knowledge , I’m kind of at the mercy of finding someone, somewhere who can read and explain the error codes. Do you think AutoZone’s code reader would give me the information I need?

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Replacing all 4 sensors pretty much kills $300, so I want to exhaust all other avenues before jumping to that.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Replacing all 4 sensors pretty much kills $300, so I want to exhaust all other avenues before jumping to that.

My abs light was always on. I yanked the bulb and I’m deleting the abs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I’m thinking same. I like the “piece of black tape” idea. It bested my Post-it idea. But the “ pull the bulb and delete the ABS”? Starting to sound good!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I’m thinking same. I like the “piece of black tape” idea. It bested my Post-it idea. But the “ pull the bulb and delete the ABS”? Starting to sound good!

If your in cali and need to pass inspection and I am pretty sure any err light will signal a fail if I am not mistaken even if the bulb is pulled(then you get a really nice beeping noise when you start the car for 30 secs). I am not sure what your talking about with a volt meter in the video but I have to admit I am not investing 15 mins in figuring out how to read the codes again to fix your car(That's your job). I thought all I did when I was looking was ground a wire, turn the key and count the flashes at least in the 2 mins I watched that is what he showed. Replacing all 4 sensors with out running the diagnostic is just an expensive and stupid test as again there are about a dozen err's for the system with the sensors only being one. But what ever, pull the bulb put some tape over it I mean what good is abs(this is where our race experts will tell you they yanked it and never missed it) but I am out. I tried to help and do it right. Good luck

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online