Through the years...

myk

Reaction score
I've owned my '98 GT and '01 GT for many years now; the '98 I bought new. In any case, even though the '01 is the faster car I find myself grabbing the keys to the '98 for a couple of reasons.

To begin with, the seating position in the '01 is awful; it's so high it makes me feel like I'm sitting on a milk crate and that I could fall off of the seat at any time. This isn't a good thing when I'm driving aggressively. The '98 on the other hand allows me to lower the seat to the point where I'm sitting low enough into the car that when I drive it, I feel a lot more in-tune with the chassis than I do with the '01. Are the New Edge seats that much higher than the SN95's or is my New Edge seat adjuster broken?

Secondly, there's the ride and handling characteristics. Both my '98 and '01 are 'modded the exact same way: Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's and SFC's; both cars with the factory 17 inch wheels. I don't know why, but the '98 feels like a much better handler and I feel like I can attack the curves a lot better with it than the '01. With the '01 I feel a lot more nervous going into the turns. I would even dare say it feels like the heavier car. Could it be the seating position and the lack of support?

In any case, the '01 is the faster car but it just doesn't feel as if it has the more capable chassis than the '98. Again, I'm thinking it's the stupid-high seating position in the '01. Is the seating position that much higher, and if so, what did you guys do about it? What can I do about it? Thanks in advance...

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Pull the seat out of the 98 and put it in the 01, then take it for a drive. It might be tough, but you can get to all 4 seat bolts without moving the seating position and put it in the other car. They are the same chassis and use the same parts.

OP
OP
myk

myk

Reaction score
Shoot I'll buy a 98 seat and put it in the 01 if I have to. Why is the seat that much higher in the New Edge's?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online