to get trick flow or not?

GT3FC

Reaction score
Alright so I eventually plan on going F/I but untill then I would like to have some fun before then while I'm still N/A. I was looking into some trick flow twisted heads. I'v seen some good things about them but does anyone have any experience with them? alslo would they be worth anything once I go F/I or just basically another cylinder head? Or if anyone has any other cylinder heads that will make my stay as N/A a little more fun? Or would a port benefit me more than getting any new heads?

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
whats your power level desire and whats your budget to get there, brotha?

OP
OP
GT3FC

GT3FC

Reaction score
probably about 2k ish and basically as much power as I can staying n/a with stock internals. so 350ish to the rear wheels while staying on the side of caution seeing as its my DD. Or just basically more power haha I know I should probably have a goal but for this right now i do not I just want to stay well below 400 (I dont think that will be too much of a problem haha)

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Got the 170s and a stage 1 cam from them on my 94 gt and love them. Just about to go FI myself but the heads were a good upgrade getting ready for it.

OP
OP
GT3FC

GT3FC

Reaction score
Got the 170s and a stage 1 cam from them on my 94 gt and love them. Just about to go FI myself but the heads were a good upgrade getting ready for it.

who makes the 170's? and what kind of cam?

xs man 27

Reaction score
I also have the trick flow twisted heads I actually found a brand new never used old stock with the gasket kit for $550 or $500 on CL right before xmas last year if you can found a set cheap out there def a good upgrade

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score

Senor Scott if I'm not mistaken he has a 2v lol so the heads will be different but hey another vouch for TF is another vouch for TF :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Senor Scott if I'm not mistaken he has a 2v lol so the heads will be different but hey another vouch for TF is another vouch for TF :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I saw that but also saw that this topic was just in general tech so I thought he was just trying to get opinions on trick flow. That was why I was sure to say I was running it in my 94 so he would know that I am running it on a pushrod rather then his modular.

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Depends if you want to spend the moolah. 90% of guys can reach their goals with worked PI heads. No questions asked though there is more power to be had with TF heads, they also run offset retainers so you can run some monster cams if you ever desired.

cobra head

Reaction score
I'm running the twisted wedge heads as well with a track heat intake with a cam not saying yet and a 125 shot and love it the heads love the gas just saying :slowclap:

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You can always get the TFS heads and throw a thicker gasket under them when you throw a blower in it to lower the compression ratio.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online

No members online now.