tranny question

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Once i get close to hitting my max of 400rwhp, i am going to start building up my rear/tranny before doing the MMR shortblock. I am going to go with an eaton posi with moser 31 splines for my rear. Now for the tranny, which is an AODE, should i get my stock one built stronger or is there an aftermarket tranny that I should look into getting. My final goals for the car are 450-500rwhp. Thanks

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
They seem to be pretty tough. Jmod and a converter should do it for you.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
well i have a transgo in there now, but as soon as i get the money my next mods will be a bc automotive stall with some crower stage 2 non pi s/c cams. I figured after this is when I'll have to start building up some parts. But hey maybe i just do the rear and than slap on that shortblock and see how my tranny holds up?

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
It's what I would do. I really don't see alot of autos failing until you get into ridiculous power levels

black_96gt

Reaction score
Get the biggest, most efficient trans cooler you can find. If you run a matched, higher stall converter, which you should, a deep sump/finned pan is also good. Been through my fare share of AODE transmissions ( 4 O0 ) in the 332hp/411tq 'charged F150 I had. Line pressure is crucial in those transmissions, I would have a trans custom built to shift, cruise and perform to your specs. A hard shift isn't as good as a quick, invisible shift. Most aftermarket trans companies will do just fine as long as adequate cooling, good clutches, drums, bands and the proper fluid are used.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
oh im definately keeping it an auto. I already have a B&M tranny cooler on. I think i'm just going to throw a stall in after my i/c is done and see how long my tranny lasts. I really dont beat on the car and it only has 45k original miles.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You can always upgrade to a Full BC tranny setup. The newer 4R70W's in the 99-04's have alot of beefier parts and BC can do a setup just for you. You can have them do a complete trans/TC setup then have your shop just swap it out.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
honestly thats probably the easiest way to do it, is when i order my stall tell them my situation and just have them build my tranny and do the stall at the same time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
5pointSL0

Members online