Reaction score
Hi all I’ve got a 2001 new edge with a load of mods like
4.10 gears
Aluminium prop shaft
75 mm throttle body (stock plenum)
Long tube headers
UDPs
Diablosport 99 Ron tune
And so on and am now looking into a trick flow plenum with my 75mm throttle body but are the aftermarket plenums worth the money?
Will my 75mm throttle body be to large ?
Cheers all

07GtS197

Reaction score
Theyre good for a few ponies. Anything is better than the stocker mostly because aftermarket has larger openings and a smoother bend into the intake, that’s where the extra power comes from. Years ago, the top dogs were Dragon and Accufab plenums. I don’t think dragon is still around though. Still you’re talking about a negligable difference in airflow between the different brands.

I ran a 75mm throttle body on my 2v, it ran just fine. Years ago there was a big debate in the 2v world 70mm vs 75mm. Some said 75 was too big and only to be used on boosted applications. Run what you have it’s fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silver95bird

Reaction score
Stock TB is 65mm.
Stock plenum is ~72mm.

While either a 70mm or a 75mm TB is an improvement, it's a small one either way, NA. If you can get a good deal, I'd take either. The plenums IMO are expensive for the amount of HP gained. Save for a set of cams, or ported heads.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Benni614

Reaction score
Hi all I’ve got a 2001 new edge with a load of mods like
4.10 gears
Aluminium prop shaft
75 mm throttle body (stock plenum)
Long tube headers
UDPs
Diablosport 99 Ron tune
And so on and am now looking into a trick flow plenum with my 75mm throttle body but are the aftermarket plenums worth the money?
Will my 75mm throttle body be to large ?
Cheers all
Stick to the stock intake. Not worth the money for the power u get. Even upgrading throttle body may seem nice but overall for a na not really worth the money vs hp gain.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

joe65

Reaction score
agree with what most said here. but, I got a good price on the tfs plenum with the 75 mm TB. Haven't had the chance to throw it on. I dunno i was thinking mine would be good for 30hp or so. lol. Actually I bought mine to work with the ported heads.

Last edited:

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
agree with what most said here. but, I got a good price on the tfs one with the 75 mm TB. Haven't had the chance to throw it on. I dunno i was thinking mine would be good for 30hp or so. lol. Actually I bought mine to work with the ported heads.
If you mean the TB = 30 hp, no. Maybe all the mods you have done with the new tb could possibly = 30

joe65

Reaction score
Really? damn. I thought every bolt on was good for about 30 hp. oh maybe its really 3 hp. lol

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
your really not going to be able to notice till you get down to the heads/cam. At that point then this stuff starts to help but until you relieve the choke point of the stock heads your just moving the restriction back a little further = no huge gain

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online